Banner Ad 1

whats-up??

SubCommittee chapter in the Netherlands

Postby U-Kater » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:27 pm

He guys,

I know its holliday time in Holland but its a bit to calm to my likings. What's everybody doing? Is there any contructionwork done? Should we meet some time somewhere in the middle?
Lets burn some balsa or look for targets together!

Wiljan ???
SC-member: 2104.Momentarely trying to construct U-123 and U-805 with "Schnelltauchback", BASED UPON the SCALESHIPYARD hull of U-505
U-Kater

Postby witchblade » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:06 am

My sub isn't getting enough time to get ready. Still rebuilding the thing. Reason is simple. To *&^() hot in the shed, and my newborn son (7 weeks now) is stealing a lot of free time (and I like it, sorry).

I hope to be back with a rebuild U96, Robbe WTC out, Home build with lids/screws in, next spring.
Static diving (2 500 ml Engeltanks with autotrim), soundsystem and MAYBY some video, since the WTC is now a whole lot bigger (108cm, average of 10 to 15 cm width, 3mm thick hull on which you can jump without problems accept hurt yourself) then the 70 cm tube from Robbe, there is a lot of space.

Danny van Dijk
Rotterdam, Netherlands
witchblade

Postby KOEZE » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:56 am

Just started again on my Walrus. Built a new WTC (125mm diameter 90cm long with screw on lids.) Have to adjust the sub to accomodate.

Futher about the same "problems as Witchblade". Way to hot in the attic (zolder) and a 1,5 year old son that want to play in the sand and a 4 weeks old son that wants and needs his share of attention.

Will keep you posted and would very much like to see the work of others.

EJK
You don't stop playing because you get older,
you get older because you stop playing.
KOEZE

Postby raalst » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:10 pm

Well, too much hobbies, too little time :

- building a hydrophone
- considering joining up the restoration of a Seehund
in Hoek van Holland (scale 1/1)
- developing stepper motor driver and control logic for
my engel tank.
- trying to get a self made WTC to work in a
1/144 Kilo plastic kit
- building static kit Romeo 1/144 and U99 1/144
(now starting with painting)

and yes, 9-to-5 work too.
and my lathe (draaibank) and...

anybody considering going to Bremen at the end of August ?

Regards,
Ronald
Regards,

Ronald van Aalst

--------------------------------------------
Just here to Learn
raalst
SubCommittee Member

Postby U-Kater » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:12 pm

Nice to see that I'm not the only one smoldering around.
Confined myself in the cool livingroom painting and detailing figures and guns for my type IX.(small work)
Danny, congrats on your off spring. I'm however glad that this station has passed for me (I'm 48 and my two suns help me with the restauration of my French cowstable)
I'll be in France in the last week of august and first week of september so Bremen is out of the question, however next spring I'm going to Scotland with the motorbike and make a small detour to visit for sure the U-534 in Liverpool and see if they have any of those hard needed drawings.
My home made type IX hull (still in waiting for Lee Upshaws hull) is coming along fine(its huge!!) Now I wonder how the heck I'm going to transport it to the water when it's finished.

For now, kind regards,
and keep the "Spargel" up

Wiljan
:cool:
SC-member: 2104.Momentarely trying to construct U-123 and U-805 with "Schnelltauchback", BASED UPON the SCALESHIPYARD hull of U-505
U-Kater

Return to SubComNL