Banner Ad 1

Sun N Fun 06 - Saturday Night Live! - seminar topic announcement

Local Chapter covering Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

Postby PaulC » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:51 pm

Guys,

Things are ready to go for our upcoming fun run. It should prove to be better than ever! We've got all our old standbys coming (save for Wayne) and several new modelers to join the mix.

Saturday Night Live: Building a Cold War Sub

Following our night patrol Saturday evening, we will head back to the Holiday Inn Express and enjoy some live, practical model building tips. The subject will be a ThorDesign 688i and we will be actually setting up and installing the stern planes and drive train on the hull. For those building an SSN, or plan to, this will be a great way to see how it's done.

We'll also walk through the essential r/c submarine electronics and how they should properly be installed in a standard WTC. Guest lecturers will be Gail Phillips, myself, and A Master to be Named Later.

So, get those boats trimmed up and top off your gas tanks for the trip to Sun N Fun 06 this August 19 - 20!
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby BoomerFunker » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:24 am

Freeking Sweet, Paul!

Sounds like ANOTHER great get together ahead.

And I'll just come out and say it...

Only losers miss this one, you don't wanna
be a loser do ya?

TomK
BoomerFunker
SubCommittee Member

Postby Baghdad Buddy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:11 am

Yee Haa folks!

This will be my first regatta. I can't wait to participate in the activities and soak up as much knowledge as possible. With luck I will be driving back to Arkansas with brain overload and eyes glazed.

I hope to meet and shake the hands a couple of folks who supported me while I was in Iraq. That will ne the highlight of the weekend.

I will be rolling into the Express Thursday afternoon.

See y'all there!

Gorden "Wartoy" Gregson
SUBRON 5
God loves old fools and ships named Arkansas!
Baghdad Buddy

Return to SubRon5