Banner Ad 1

THANK YOU - SubRegatta 2006

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby STARK » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:12 am

TO ALL the Fine Staff of the SubCommittee , HIP HIP HURAY !!! Thank you for showing us ALL such a GREAT TIME , LONG LIVE The SubCommittee !!!! BS
What one Man can do, You can do too!

http://forum.model-marina.com/
STARK

Postby TMSmalley » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:29 pm

Thanks Brian. A big hearty thanks to the Indy Admirals, the City of Carmel pond crew who kept the water so clear, the hotel staff who made us feel so welcomed and important, and the SR6 guys - especially the regatta committee - John Schagane, Steve Jensen and Tom Wise.

It's a lot of work, but after its all done, it is nice to hear that everyone had a good - HOT - time :cool:

We will get some photos up soon!

Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby STARK » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:10 am

Thank you Tim , for taking time to talk to me , in your busy days !!! BS

Edited By STARK on 1154428271

STARK

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:33 am

It was my pleasure - getting to know everybody was the best part of the regatta for me. There were guys I had been emailing for years and had never met them before.
Good times!
Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby STARK » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:46 am

I now what you mean ! And I am dern glad to be your shipmate ! Any chance we can move the Regata to a Spring or Fall time ? BS

STARK

Postby subdude » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:11 am

Tim,

BZ, my friend.

Please accept my sincere thanks and appreciation for the amazing and outstanding job on the SubRegatta.

The regatta committee, the Indy Admirals, and youself all went way, way above and beyond to provide the greatest subregatta experience for everyone. I know all too well what efforts go into that event, and you guys just make it look so easy. Well done, sir.

And, to all the folks that may not have had the opportunity to attend, you can't begin to imagine what you missed. There were 4 large tents full of subs and folks. I'm pretty sure there were in excess of 100 boats there. The chance to see the friends you only get to see at the SubRegatta, the opportunity to meet folks you've read about in The Report or online, and see their handiwork, and the amazing camaraderie blows me away every year. I'm already anxious for next year!

I've been to every SubRegatta except #1 (family plans that I couldn't change) and it just keeps getting better.

Tim, Admirals, and staff, take a well deserved rest knowing that your efforts were appreciated, and that you've done a magnificent job.

My Thanks.

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby bcliffe » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:16 pm

I also have to echo the sentiments stated above. Absolutely a phenomenal job ... I have to say that the welcome mat was really put forward to those attending from Canada, and we greatly appreciate it.

Perfect marks in my book.

Glad to have finally met so many of you face to face, and hope to do it again soon.

Cheers
Ben
What goes down, must come up .... eventually !
bcliffe

Postby Rick Lesinszki » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:16 pm

I had a total blast for my first regatta! I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Here are some pictures that we took -

http://www.rickosplace.com/Submari....006.htm

Rick
Rick Lesinszki

Postby KevinMc » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:45 pm

I'll echo the above comments as well- Fantastic job guys!
Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
KMc Designs
SC #2870
SubComOn
KevinMc
SubCommittee Member

Postby k225 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:58 pm

Ditto but a special high five to the executive, Tim was everywhere and it was appreciated that you went around and met with so many of us. After most of us were packed up and ready to leave I noticed Tim out taking down tents, by himself. Your hard work was noticed and appreciated.
Steve

Edited By k225 on 1154465955
It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got.
k225

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:41 pm

Thanks, Steve. I had tons of help from SubRon6 and the Indy Admirals. I wanted to talk to as many people as I could to get an idea of what folks think about the organization and what we all can do to increase participation, boost membership and make it an even better club!

The SubRegatta committee really appreciated so many Canadians coming down and supporting the event by buying raffle tickets and tee shirts, and running their boats- or Ben Cliffe splashing around in the pond in his snorkle gear shooting video and stills for the upcoming SubRegatta 2006 2 DVD set from producer Kerry Addington. There was seldom a time that there wasn't a Canadian or a Canadian sub in the water both days.

My maternal grandparents both emmigrated from Canada so I also have some Labatt's in my blood :cool: - I hope to make it to Ottawa someday to your regatta!

Canadian Ben Cliffe shoots a Canadian sub - Rick Teskey's Seaview

Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby bradcd » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:21 pm

Once again Subcommittee and The Indy Admirals put off a terrific show. We all had great time and had great discussions under the hot Indy sun.
Keep up the great job each and everyone who did anything to help make this regatta the success it was.
Speakers at the seminars where a wealth of pratical information once again.
Looking forward to the same great event next year.

Brad Dolomount
bradcd

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:36 pm

Thanks Brad - it was great having the president of SubComON "In the House"!

Kerrry Addington is going to have the Saturday SubSeminar speakers featured on his SubRegatta 2006 2 DVD set. There was so much information proferred by Art, Pete, Jeff and Dave - there was too much for my tiny mind to remember - I have my order in with Kerry already!

Dr. Art did a refresher on his ground-breaking RCABS ballast sytem, Pete did a complete - "How to Mold a Hull" presentation that after it was over I felt I could do it too - Jeff had an in-depth discussion on creating metal decks, and Dave had some neat stuff on painting RC subs.

I should also mention that there is a big NASCAR race in Indy on "our weekend" (last weekend in July) in 2007. Either some other SubRon has to step up and volunteer to do the SubRegatta or we will have to change weekend due to hotel availabilities. After doing it twice, I know the Admirals and SubRon6 would appreciate a year off, but if nobody else wants to do it, they have offered to do it again.

If anyone wants to put on SubRegatta 2007 - shoot me an email! Keep in mind that the whole SubCommittee membership has to be able to get into the SubRegatta - including "foreign nationals" as well as the general public.

Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby admiralscommander » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:20 pm

The Indianapolis Admirals want to thank all of you that came to this year's Subregatta. We enjoyed having you all here. This year seemed to be even better than the last and our location here in Carmel, will only get better. In the coming years, the city is adding to the lot across from the pond a hotel, shops, an outdoor arena, and a performing arts center. These new features will make your experience here even more enjoyable. You all make this event happen by your participation and donations to the raffle. If the increase in attendance continues, we will even have to get a third tent.
It is up to the Subcommittee on where this event is held. The city has already approached me to see if you are coming back. My club's offer is always here.
admiralscommander

Postby Bigdave » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:57 am

What can you say!!
Almost 100 submarines!!
The best group of guys you will ever want to meet!!
Two days of running subs in a huge clear body of water!!
Guy's!!!!!!!!!!
It don't get much better than this! :D
Thanks again Admirals for a great time. :cool: BD
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Next

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas