Banner Ad 1

Local Chapter Name - chapter name

South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida Local Chapter

Postby Wilsonsubs » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:55 am

I'd like to discuss an issue that I just became aware of.

Did anyone know that another chapter of the SubCommittee is called SUBCOMDEEPSCAN?

I beleive this was a pre-existing group of Scandinavians????
I first saw it in a copy of the REPORT. I thought it was a typo at first but since have learned it's a real chapter.

My question to the group of DEEPSOUTH bubbleheads is do we want to change our name (for any reason) at this time?
If we did this would be the tie to do it before we start this local chapter up with patches and officially starting regattas and really putting ourselves on the map.

If everyone is good with our group name then we should move ahead and become known as SUBCOM DEEPSOUTH.
Alos we need to get a design for the chapter and perhaps our own patches. I know several people worked very hard on designs some time back so I'd like to see those come out and be voted on.
Please let me know what you think.
thanks
Michael
Michael Wilson
Wilsonsubs
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rogue Sub » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:49 pm

Do you have any suggestions for a new name. This part of the south has been a part of the ballistic fleet for years now we could go along those lines. Or you could go more military, in which case i could look into some things for that. Its totally up to you guys. Just let me know im always willing to help and i work with quit a few good artists.
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Postby wolfsong » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:09 pm

Hi Mike,

several guys had a discussion a while back about the name and the logo.. i thought you were one of them .. :D
we had decided on subcomm deep south .
i would definately leave it that way since we are in the deep south.
about the logo:
here was the decission so far, but nobody could design it yet.(i tried several times, but don't have the right software/ knowledge)
red ring with subcomm-deep south in it (upper part)
lower part subcommittee.
the center would show the outline of the southern states ( AL FL GA SC in the background and a shilluette of a boomer in the foreground.

stefan
Submariner, qualified in 1990 ,U21 Class 206

Life is Simple.. either you are qualified or you are not ! .. silent service
wolfsong

Postby Rogue Sub » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:25 pm

Got bored at work today and stenciled some designs out using what youve told me and have had some succes.

I also thought about adding dolphins in silver and gold cradeling the sub with a missile or trident over it.

I could use traditional dolphins or I dont know if any one has seen the new USS Georgia Patch but it has a newer more moder looking set of dolphins on it that was actually designed by someone on the boat.

Another note Circle or Oval? Most Boat use the oval

An additional idea. Currently you said there are 50 members to subrondeepsouth. I could put 50 stars lining the outside rim representing the original members.

An additional idea. Do we have a moto. Most do, and its always in latin. Anyone Know Latin?

One final note, I could get everyone poopy suits to put the patches on, just an idea

If you guys feel like im making an already decided thing more complicated just ignore this ramble. My brain has been churning all day.

Regards Kevin
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

Rogue Sub

Postby JWLaRue » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:42 pm

Mike,

Where did you get confirmation that the Scandanavian chapter is SubcomDeepScand? As best as I can tell, the entry in the SCR is an error that got introduced sometime last year.......

-tnx,

Jeff

p.s. I've corrected that error for the September issue.
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby wolfsong » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:04 pm

hi Guys,

like i said before and what we had already decided, we should just leave it at SubComm DeepSouth,

kevin, about the logo.. keep it simple.. the more colors and graphics you bring in, the harder and more expensive it will be to reproduce as a logo for shirts / hats and in the magazin.

if you come up with a nice southern design.. show it and we can all discuss it.

by the way.. your typhoon drawing is a little off :cool:
Submariner, qualified in 1990 ,U21 Class 206

Life is Simple.. either you are qualified or you are not ! .. silent service
wolfsong

Postby Rogue Sub » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:10 pm

a little off....
good thing i didnt draw it then :)
We should just build one then to make sure to get it right.
Ill work on piecing the design together fri
By the By Have you contacted TMsmalley about this i read a post in here from him talking about financial aid and design aid?
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

Rogue Sub

Postby Wilsonsubs » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:34 pm

Hey folks,
found out this weekend that the naming thing I stumbled on was just a typo. We dont have to worry about another chapter with a similar name. The other chapter is just SubCom Scand. So our name is unique and safe. Not to worry.

At this time it would be a good idea to leave the name alone and continue to generate a list of active/participating members who will be part of this southern chapter of the SubCommitttee. I feel this should be our prime directive at this time as we are only months away from the proposed November FUN SAIL date of the 4th.

I will be sending out an email to propsective members of the SUBCOM DeepSouth based on the information obatined from the SUBCOMM membership directory. From the responses we should be able to get a clearer understanding of attendance. I will present the findings to the president Tim Smalley for consultation.

More to come shortly...........
Michael Wilson
Wilsonsubs
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:26 pm

Hey Guys - if you can get some info and maybe some photos to editor Jeff about your fun run - PRONTO - I'll bet he can get a blurb in the Sept SCR. But it has to be in a couple of days or so! I would also like to help you get some media coverage to spread the word about RC subs!

Send it to editor@ subcommittee.com

Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComDeepSouth