Banner Ad 1

Revell Type VIIc/41 - woodendeck

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Postby sam reichart » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:17 pm

Just a note to let anyone that's interested know that I received the Nautilus Models wooden deck for the Type VIIC/41.
The folks at Nautilus have another nice add-on for the model. The various decks are all included; main deck (2 pieces) CT bridge deck, and both gun platforms (upper and lower wintergartens. Laser cutting and deep relief help provide all the details, including recesses for the tripods of the guns. The only caution is that the schnorkel well has one weak area that is in constant danger of breaking off on the unsupported deck. Nautilus suggests that this be glued in place once the deck has been attached to the hull. A page of instructions and suggestions on what kit parts to keep and replace completes the package. They instruct you to not paint this deck with acrylics, unless you seal both sides in its entirety. Use model master or some similar enamels.

Overall, a beautiful piece of work; highly recommended.
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Postby tabledancer » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:05 pm

Sam,
What do you think about using this deck for an R/C conversion.I have given some thought about it,I don`t think the brass one is to practicle as I have learned the hard way.But I like the detail of it.I just wonder how the water would affect it,even if you did a good job sealing it.
TD :;):
Don`t forget,its going to be dark tonite.
tabledancer

Postby sam reichart » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:36 pm

tabledancer wrote:Sam,
What do you think about using this deck for an R/C conversion.I have given some thought about it,I don`t think the brass one is to practicle as I have learned the hard way.But I like the detail of it.I just wonder how the water would affect it,even if you did a good job sealing it.
TD :;):

Hey TD. Hope you're doing well.

Hmmm... it's very thin, and fragile. I would rank it last, after the plastic deck, then brass. It's a beautiful piece of work, but not meant for R/C type of handling.

Perhaps a hybrid? Wooden for the Tower and Platforms, and platic or brass for the main deck...

Although no one has yet come out with a full brass for this version, that I know of.... ???
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Return to Static Modeler