Banner Ad 1

May Meeting

SubRon for the Southwestern United States

Postby aeroengineer1 » Mon May 08, 2006 6:07 pm

OK, guys, I am almost out of my finals and it is back to building. I am hoping to get my boat ready for this months fun fun. Now to the point. We had discussed in the last meeting to get together and have a build get your sub ready session. If we still want to do this, we will need a place to do it. I don't really have a place, or otherwise I would invite you all over, but I do have tools such as a bandsaw, a lathe, drill press, and a belt sander. Let me hear your ideas.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Postby Warpatroller » Mon May 08, 2006 10:47 pm

I missed the last meeting guys. Unfortunately, I won't be able to help out with a place to build, as I am currently in a living situation where I would catch all sorts of #### for attempting to host such a thing. It sure would be nice to have a place where you can do what you want inside it...and have it set up for such.

In addition, I don't even have a model to work on of yet and next to no tools to build it with. Whatever I end up building it will most likely be small and relatively simple. Probably an RCABS-R ballast system if i even do a ballast system at all.

Any fun run this month, would be a fun watch for me, as I'll have nadda to run.

I am interested in Adam's U212 project as it is along the lines of what I might end up doing, although probably more complex than what I will attempt.

Are any of you other guys actually in a building phase right now, besides Adam?

Steve
Warpatroller
SubCommittee Member

Postby aeroengineer1 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:08 pm

Due to lack of replies, we have decided to meet at the Same place. Mike Keating is going to show off his Albacore, and we might try to diagnose the sealing problem with the boat so that he can run it. We are also going to rent the pool in 2 weeks, so if you have a boat feel free to come. Even if it is a small target.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Postby Warpatroller » Sat May 13, 2006 5:04 pm

There were four of us at the meeting this time. Mike brought his 40" long Albacore model for show and tell. I brought some concept plans for a small XXIII. Adam, was MIA....lost at sea perhaps...

Anyway, that was meeting #3....we'll see what happens next time..

Steve
Warpatroller
SubCommittee Member

Postby aeroengineer1 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:23 pm

Sorry guys, I went on an early morning hike and we were following trail directions given to us by a friend. Well, the directions were bad, and the hike went from a 2.5 mile hike to a 6.5 mile hike and we ended up at the wrong parking lot which was 8 miles away from where we needed to be. I know, you are asking if the hike was 6.5 miles how is it that you were 8 miles away from the original location. The reason is that the paved road back that we knew would get us to where we needed to be went further west before it went back east. Anyway, I am going to call on the pool and get try to get it for 2 weeks from now.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Postby gantu » Mon May 15, 2006 6:37 pm

I brought some concept plans for a small XXIII

Hi steve

Hi in wich scale?

Gantu
gantu

Postby Warpatroller » Mon May 15, 2006 7:17 pm

Adam,

So I was partly right after all....you did get lost, just not at sea.. I don't know if i'd trust any more directions from that friend in the future lol. And to think I partly drove all the way down to Tempe to see your little 212 Adam...geez.

Gantu, the plans are for a 1:72 scale model..
Warpatroller
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRonSW - The Cactus Navy