Banner Ad 1

Subtech Seals - Sealing methods down under

Eastern States of Australia

Postby redboat219 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:57 am

Hi,
I just saw pics of the recent subregatta and I was wondering what shaft and linkage sealing method do you guys use down there. I'm from the Philippines and I'm trying to build my own Trumpeter Kilo. Also, are there any dealers of SubTech BHS seals in Brisbane?
"Make it simple, make it strong-and make it work!" - Mikhail Mil
redboat219

Postby Bradv » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:10 am

Personally, I use the BHS linkage seals from Subtech on both my Kilo & Akula and find them excellent. The latter also has a Subtech SBS for the prop shaft, which has never leaked a drop, but I found it a little too big for the Trumpeter kit. I'm not sure if he currently has any but our Australian Subtech distributor, John, may be contacted at jdarke (AT) optusnet.com.au . He's here in Brisbane too!

One really nice linkage seal solution I saw at the regatta was from David H - have a look at his post, being the last one in this thread. Much cheaper and apparently just as effective. :)

Edited By Bradv on 1145859895
Brad
Triple "S" Model Boat Group - http://triple-s.org.au
Bradv

Postby David H » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:59 am

G'day redboat,

As Brad said I have a simple system that I swear by. It's cheap , it's simple it never leaks and i haven't had to replace it in four years.

I simply use a "Nylex" type garden nozzle for those micro irrigation systems. You can probably get them from hardware stores or Gardening suppliers, You then fit a 2'56 brass rod through. Perfect sliding fit and then some nitro tube over the top. An "O" ring on the end and push it into your baulhead and that's it...

I could get a photo and post it here if it would help.

regards,

David hughes.
"Baldrick ,you would'nt recognise a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced on top a harpsichord singing "Subtle plans are here again!!" Blackadder.
David H

Postby subtech » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:46 pm

Hi,

We now have a dealer in Loganlea, Brisbane. Give John Darke a call on: 419 142 192 or email him at: jdarke@optusnet.com.au

John may be a bit short of BHS-1 seals as he has just come back from the sub regatta, but I have just sent him a batch which should arrive in about 5 days.

Regards,
Dave - SubTech UK
subtech

Postby redboat219 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:17 am

Thanks for the info guys.
"Make it simple, make it strong-and make it work!" - Mikhail Mil
redboat219

Postby magpie » Sat May 06, 2006 8:34 am

subtech wrote:Hi,

We now have a dealer in Loganlea, Brisbane. Give John Darke a call on: 419 142 192 or email him at: jdarke@optusnet.com.au

John may be a bit short of BHS-1 seals as he has just come back from the sub regatta, but I have just sent him a batch which should arrive in about 5 days.

Regards,
Dave - SubTech UK

Hi Dave
Is that Brisbane guy going to have all your gear?
BTW. I fitted the apc and adc to my robbe u-47 and it works a treat! Very pleased with that.
Jason Pilgrim
Subs Rock!
In Australia.
They roll too.
http://magpieyachts.com
magpie

Return to SubComAust