Banner Ad 1

April Meeting - Don'y forget

SubRon for the Southwestern United States

Postby Mkeatingss » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:45 pm

OK guys, just a quick reminder. Our meeting is at Penasco's Saturday morning. Make sure you get there early to get a seat. :D

Mike K.
I don't suffer from ulcers, I'm a carrier.
Mkeatingss

Postby aeroengineer1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:32 pm

I was just coming to make a post about the meeting, but you beet me to it. Hey guys Should I try and get the pool for an hour, I do not have a boat to run, but others might, and I think that it would be good for all to at least see a functional boat. Let me know, and I will make the call. We will need to pay for it, I think that it is $40 an hour, but if that seems too expensive for the amount of boats that we will have, we can try an go to someones home pool.

Also please bring friends. The only way that we can grow our group is to bring a friend.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Postby Desert Boat » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:00 pm

Guys ... I hate to say this, but I'm going to have to miss this Saturday's meeting. This past nine days have been ####. Last weekend my Uncle Buck died and we went to Bakersfield for the funeral, family meetings and memorial. While getting ready to go there, I tripped and fell into a stack of paver bricks. IT GETS BETTER - I broke my right shoulder but the surgeon wouldn't pin, tape or cast it - - just a sling! That's the way I went Bakersfield, thankfully we flew. Of course people like Dwight Yokum and a couple others were in a hugging mood. OUCH[B]! Now, about this Saturday ... several months ago I commited myself to attend The Arizona Drag Racers Hall of Fame induction for a couple of my old racing buddies being held in Tucson. That's an all-day production. I'll let the restaurant folks know you'll be there. :D
Ray Agee
SCM #2551
Cactus Navy
Tempe, Arizona
Lord ... Shield us from the UltraSensitive!
Desert Boat

Postby aeroengineer1 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:59 pm

Ray, likely excuse. Man you did not have to go to all that effort to tell us that you were not going to come;) We will miss you.

Also seen as no one has replied about renting the pool, I have not made any contacts. Please let me know if we need to rectify this.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Postby aeroengineer1 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:23 pm

Well a successful meeting. There were 4 in attendance this time. We are planing a to make for next month to have a build/fix your sub day and then we are going to go and run at the local dive pool. We also discussed our name, and settled on the Cactus Navy. We will keep you updated.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Postby Warpatroller » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:21 am

Hey Adam,

I was not able to attend April's meeting as you noticed. I was busy working that weekend, thought I was gonna have time to go, but it didn't turn out that way. Maybe your almost finished with that 212 model? I see on the forum here that 2 of the other guys didn't make it to the meeting either.

I should be able to attend the May meeting though.

Steve
Warpatroller
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRonSW - The Cactus Navy