Banner Ad 1

A new Movie Nautilus

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby Jshag » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:47 pm

Has anyone seen the previews to the new movie The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ? With Captain Nemo and his sub. What a strange design hollywood came up with. Check it out
www.lxgmovie.com

John
John Schagane
SubRon6
Lexington, KY
Jshag
SubCommittee Member

Postby 74-1047665942 » Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:30 pm

John, we went to see T-3 today, the poster for that movie was on display and had what looked to be a type XXI u-boat on it. Jeff
74-1047665942

Postby modelnut » Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:19 pm

http://www.lxgmovie.com

This NAUTILUS is described as the largest submarine "ever built before or since". She is nicknamed "The Sword of the Ocean", which fits since her bow looks like the business end of a scimitar.

There are a few "WHAT THE @$%?" details that make me wonder. From the bow proceeding aft. you find the "rocket room" in which are stored offensive missiles no doubt. Then comes the Engine room. ??? Why it isn't last on the tour and dead astern I don't know. Nemo's quarters are aft of the center. The Bridge is almost exactly at the three-quarters mark still going aft. Right below this is the Salon window.

Jeff, I think the LXG advertizing department doesn't know what the rest of the LXG team is doing. I saw the stand-up you are referring to and that is definitely a type-XXI with eggsalad trim to give it a "Victorian" look. But that is not the sub on the website and not the sub seen in the previews.

Everybody got their fingers crossed???
-Leelan

Edited By modelnut on 1057699375
modelnut
SubCommittee Member

Postby modelnut » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:37 pm

Just saw the movie and liked it! Not the best movie that I've ever seen but it did entertain me.

The N is as big as the QUEEN MARY if not larger. Only Hollywood could make a sub like that work. When she ran on the surface she sailed exactly like a surface ship with a lot of mass out of the water. The bow was completely exposed. Maybe she hydroplaned -???

Crazy propulsion system too. Real "screw" propellers.

It was a fun movie though.
-Leelan
modelnut
SubCommittee Member

Postby g2tiger » Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:39 pm

Gents,

Looks like to sub on the web page for the movie is a CSS Hunley of sorts....
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Return to Television and Movie Submarines