Banner Ad 1

2006 Canberra SubRegatta - Details available

Eastern States of Australia

Postby Bradv » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:35 pm

Hey All,

The registration/information form for this years Australian National SubRegatta has now been posted:

Canberra SubRegatta 2006

(thanks to Garry & Karl for this). See you all there!
Brad
Triple "S" Model Boat Group - http://triple-s.org.au
Bradv

Postby Nixie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:58 am

I'm in Sydney. I'll try to get along.
Nixie

Postby Bradv » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:02 pm

Hi Robert,

I look forward to seeing you there! I know that there's at least 7 of us coming down from QLD, with each of us bringing at least one or two subs. Last time we had 32 subs in total, so I'm sure we're all looking forward to this number increasing this year. Will you have a sub in the water?

It really is a great event - the ACT guys do a great job, making it much anticipated and most enjoyable :D

Edited By Bradv on 1140834281
Brad
Bradv

Postby ShadowPeo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:38 pm

I got my invite a while back, Unfortunatly I wont be able to make it this time due to other commitments, but I will make sure I get to the next one, and I thought they were only every 2 years but your post implied every year,which would be better anyway, so which one is it??
ShadowPeo

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:24 pm

Be sure to shoot lots of photos guys! We'll get them on this site pronto! We are going to have a much better photo section soon that will allow for larger photos.

Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby ShadowPeo » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:19 am

Yah, Pitty I cant go, I wanna try out my new Underwater Cam, that and the D70 should be able to get some really good shots
ShadowPeo

Postby Bradv » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:39 pm

It's biennial (every 2 years) which at least gives us all quite a bit of time to work on our new subs between events :D And builds up the anticipation ...

I should be finishing my Kilo this weekend (WooHoo!) so will have it well and truly tested before the regatta. I've already bought 2 disposable Kodak underwater cameras, which is what I used to take all the shots from the 2004 SubRegatta that are on the SubCommittee site. I went for 2 cameras this year as the "stick hands in water clutching camera, point in vaguely right direction and click" method I use tends to result in quite a few "bits" chopped off subs, so I'm reasoning that the more piccies I take, the more good shots I'll end up with. (The Canberra pool in April is a little cold). I'll definately scan in the best ones again & submit them to the site. Hey, I might get *really* proactive and even do an article for the magazine!

Better get back to working on the Kilo now!
Brad
Bradv

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:34 pm

...and please consider putting together an article for the SubCommittee Report!

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby ShadowPeo » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:13 am

Ya, we have an underwater housing for one of the cheaper digital cameras in the house (at least only a cheap one will get detroyed if the housing spings a leak) we bought it for use when we go scuba diving, havnt used it before though, although the store said they were good.

I should be at the next one, depending on how many extra subjects my Honors makes me take and I will have at least the alpha, the tug and fireboat (all 1/72) complete may even have one of the other subs complete, you never know
ShadowPeo

Postby gazs_sub » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:37 am

Are newbies still made welcome? :) Thinking bout getting down there.

Is there a "best day" to be waltzing around, asking advice/ questions/annoying people?!

Ive been a member for bit over a year though only just purchasing an Albacore kit, unfortuantely it will not be ready for the Regatta :(.

Hope to meet some new and friendly faces on the day!

Cheers,
Shane G.
gazs_sub

Postby Bradv » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:06 pm

The more, the merrier :D

IMHO, Saturday is probably the best day as we're there longer and I also have to admit that the subsequent night run is awesome! The Canberra club does a great job getting the atmosphere "just right" for the night run and I reckon it's the highlight of Karl's wonderful video.

The 2004 SubRegatta was my first, and having just completed my Dumas Akula I was very much still a newbie - I'd only tested it once before the event! We certainly had several people without operational subs, as well as many visitors, so I'm sure you'll be most welcomed this year. We're always happy to encourage/help everybodywhose interested.

I notice you said "down" regarding the regatta - where are you from? If you're in QLD, there's a bunch of us in/around Brisbane who you may want to meet. Hopefully see you in Canberra!
Brad
Bradv

Postby gazs_sub » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:23 am

Great thanks Bradv!

Im actually based in Sydney, though thanks for the offer.

Have to see if there are any other locals :). John Slater has helped me out in the past too. Top bloke.

Its definitely a warmly community.

Thanks again,
Shane.
gazs_sub

Return to SubComAust