Banner Ad 1

SHEERLINE TYPE IID - AWESOME BOAT

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Postby IRAW50 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:34 pm

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that SHEERLINE has a VERY good looking type IID at 1/27 scale. Two prototypes were built and tested and they ran fantastic. I now have the pleasure of owning the first TYPE IID uboat of any size that crossed the Atlantic!! :D.I have pictures and video , but do not know how to post them. i will start on the holes this weekend and the boat looks like a fairly easy build as chris has done a LOT of the work for you. obtw i came out of the wings and joined up, but i have not received my packet yet
IRAW50

Postby Warpatroller » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:18 pm

You've sparked my curiousity....What is the cost of this Sheerline Type IID model? What is the length of the finished model?

Steve
Warpatroller
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:54 am

Hi Ira -
You are set as a SubCommittee member on this board now.

Be sure to send an email to webmaster@subcommittee.com and Bob will get you set up with your own personal webpage so you can start posting photos.

If you need help posting photos, give me a shout and I'll walk you through it!

Welcome to the SubCommittee!

Tim Smalley
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Captain Nemo12 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:18 pm

Yes, please more pictures! I'm very interested in seeing models of this rare and awesome looking boat.
280 meters.... and she's still in one piece!
-Jurgen Prochnow, Das Boot.

http://eisernwolf.blog.com
Captain Nemo12

Postby IRAW50 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:43 pm

Well, its 66" long,it should weigh in at approx 23lbs. all up . For what you get for your money, i don't think the cost is bad,but, i would rather you discussed price with chris. all that you have to get for this boat are your electronics,adhesives, and paint.everything else is here.as soon as i find out how, i will start posting pics,

PICS ARE NOW ON MY WEB PAGE, these are of the prototypes of the boat which i have. from here on out the pics will be of my build :D :D ???

Edited By IRAW50 on 1141084274
IRAW50

Postby sam reichart » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:42 pm

IRAW50 wrote:Well, its 66" long,it should weigh in at approx 23lbs. all up . For what you get for your money, i don't think the cost is bad,but, i would rather you discussed price with chris. all that you have to get for this boat are your electronics,adhesives, and paint.everything else is here.as soon as i find out how, i will start posting pics,

PICS ARE NOW ON MY WEB PAGE, these are of the prototypes of the boat which i have. from here on out the pics will be of my build :D :D ???

iraw50-
please post a link to your website...

also, I see you're in my neck of the woods...where in the Richmond area are you located???
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:35 am

Click below for IRA50's link to his SubCommittee webpage. It can also be accessed by going to "Members Webpages" as you enter "SubCOmmittee.com".

Link to IRA50's SC webpage

Here is one of the shots he has posted - very cool model!

Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby sam reichart » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:34 am

thanks Tim...I looked in Ira's profile and didn't see a link there, so I was assuming it was a personal site.

A couple of things I noticed:

whoever makes the WTC - looks a lot like Bob at OTW's...

Looks like it comes bow removed...that's how the old 32np Type VII's used to ship. I'm assuming this cut is done to save on overseas shipping (container size)?

The first photos looks like it was photoshopped to add the swaztika back in...probably on display at an overseas show.

I like the Kort nozzles... are they included? Are the props?

Nice detail on the forward center tube.

I know lots of folks like the earlier Type IIs (me included), but I also like the saddle tanks and extra railings and such on the IID. This has got some nice detail. I know some of the IIDs had almost a Type VII circular wintergarten on them...I would check references to see which IIDs had the old small tower, and kort nozzles, if you were modeling a specific boat.

I'm assuming this is polyester/glass, not epoxy.

If all the fittings that are shown are part of the kit (running lights, deck gun and cannister, UZO, hatches, etc.) are included, this is a nicely detailed model. I'd like to see it up close and personal.
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:15 pm

sam reichart wrote:thanks Tim...I looked in Ira's profile and didn't see a link there, so I was assuming it was a personal site.

Good point Sam.

For anyone who would like to have the link to their web page appear as the little globe at the bottom of their posts - hereare the steps...

First go to your member home page and block in the whole URL that is in the address bar. Then copy it <ctrl-c>.

Then go back to the forum. You'll note about 1/4 of the way down on the left there is some text saying "Your Control Panel"

Click on that.

Then, on the page that comes up, click on "Edit Your Profile".

Scroll down to the bar that says "Your website URL"

Then paste the URL for your site <ctrl-V> into that bar.

Save it by scrolling to the bottom where it says "Amend your profile" and click on it - and you are set!

You should now have the little globe at the bottom of each of your posts. Anyone can click on the globe and be whisked to your site!

If you have any problems, Jeff or I would be happy to help!

Tim Smalley
president@subcommittee.com
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:10 pm

Interesting looking hull kit.......

The scribed lines for the deck and casing looks to be relatively accurate...it's hard to tell from the photos. I like the hull shape, Sam's right those saddle tanks should be very helpful for achieving the correct trim.

I'm still curious as to the list price of this Sheerline kit. I'm not clear why this cannot be shared?

-tnx,

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby IRAW50 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:37 pm

OK , I HAVE RECEIVED PERMISSION FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.THIS IS FROM CHRIS "Here is a bit of historyIf anyone asks you, your boat was researched and designed from scratch by me over a two year period.
Your dive unit is unique to Sheerline and has been in production now for around 12years. It has its origin in Dennis Cater of Eden models as he designed it from scratch.
I have made some modifications like the stainless tank and geared motor units but the unit has been so utterly reliable that little else has been changed. You know the old saying, 'If it aint broke... don't fix it!
One other point worth noting, your unit is really tough and can withstand an immense amount of abuse... thats why I don,t build em out of clear plexiglass!! The only vulnerable component is the tank as it can be dented if you hit it hard enough.
I did not give the price out because i did not know what the final price would be. It is 950 british pounds plus shipping

any other questions and i will be glad to answer or at least get the answer from chris.He is unable to respond because he is still writing the instructions for the build!!...IRA :D
sorry i did not reply sooner but building thi boat is addictive!!
IRAW50

Return to New Product Announcements