Banner Ad 1

Summer Regatta - West Coast

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby dkhillier » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:35 pm

ATTENTION TO ALL
Submarine Captains of the Sub Committee
SUMMER 2006 SUB REGATTA IN TUALATIN, OREGON
AUGUST 12th and 13th, 2006.

We are pleased to announce the upcoming West Coast Submarine Regatta. The Regatta will be Hosted by the S/C Chapter “Inside-Passage” at Tualatin, Oregon August 12 & 13 Tualatin is 10 miles below Portland.

• The pond covers 3 ½ acres, clean, clear, fresh water that is 9' deep, cement edge and a walkway all around.

• Lunch Saturday.
• Registeration fee with lunch or without.
• Hotel and restaurants at pond edge (you can run your boat from your room or from the dinner table at pond edge)
• We set up at lake edge in a 20x20 tent, and some tables (bring em if you got em) Charging power at each tree.
• Unload area at north end of pond 20ft from tent, parking near by.
• This same week-end the Portland model boat club will also be on the pond, there is plenty of room for everyone.
• As with any event there is much planning to make it run smooth, we would like to know if you will be attending if so please Email to 4winds@eskimo.com or any questions call Erv Crosby 425-259-4490 or in Canada Duane Hillier 604-888-2221 dkhillier@yahoo.com
• Century hotel and restaurant at lake edge The Century Hotel is at pond edge, mention Submarine Regatta for discount rate. www.thecenturyhotel.com 1-800-240-9494 Other hotels in area Comfort Inn 503-612-9952 RV Park of Portland, close by on other side of freeway make (reservations early) $29.32 FHU 1-800-856-2066 www.rvparkof portland.com
• Map to Tualatin Commons below Picture of 3-1/2 acre pond below When you get the S/C report check page 56 Jeffery's comments (hold the nationals with us) we sure need to get our info in the S/C report.
• Awards will be given out for navigating the steering course, and modelers choice in “best in show”.
• Lots to do for spouses and children.
• Great shopping (no State sales tax in Or!)
• The Regatta coincides with Tualatin’s Annual Crawdad Festival!!
• More information is available from Irv or Duane.
We hope to see you at the Regatta. Almost guaranteed to have good weather, definetly guaranteed that a good time will be had by all.
dkhillier

Postby Bob the Builder » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:35 pm

I'm definitely going to try to get to this one. It will be my first Regatta. I'm looking forward to bringing the Nautilus and Victoria out for some playtime with the other bubbleheads.

Looks like its about four and a half hours from Port Angeles, so if I tack on another couple of hours for the ferry ride, it should be a decent day's travel.

I hope lots of people can attend, I'd love to start putting faces to names!
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:06 pm

Is this in addtion to the West Coast regatta that Tom Anderson does in San Fran?
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Atomic Subs » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:00 pm

Tim,

Yes it is. A Pacific Northwest original!

Lyle
Lyle Jansma
www.atomicsubs.com
Atomic Subs

Postby silent runner » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:02 am

I will plan on attending this one! First regatta! And only across the state :p
Like Bob said, can start putting faces to names.

-Mike
The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.
silent runner
SubCommittee Member

Postby elec_tech » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:07 am

I'm living in Edmonton, AB right now but by summer next year I hope to be living in Vancouver (wife is applying for grad-school @ UBC). That means the drive will be very similar to Bobs. Hey, maybe we could get a sub-convoy going :;):.

Even if we don't move I think I still might make an effort to come down. It'd be one heck of a drive but I think it'll be worth it! Make a nice vacation state-side.

I'll be bringing the SF Storm (my unique scratch build) provided that it actually works when I get it finished.

Look forward to seeing you all!

Dan
elec_tech

Postby Bob the Builder » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:17 pm

Hey, Dan! Just hop on Westjet and hit Victoria (its a direct flight). You can stay with me overnight and we'll drive out together. Lots of room in the van for subs and people!
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby elec_tech » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:43 pm

Bob,

I'll look into it however all hopes are riding on my wife getting into UBC (were beign very confidant!!!) meaning no need for a flight then cause we'll be out there then. Driving down together sounds like a less boring option though!! :D

I look forward to it!

Dan
elec_tech

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas