Banner Ad 1

West Coast Sub Regatta

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby bcliffe » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:50 pm

Okay, gotta ask, how was it? I'm still upset I had to fly home on the Saturday morning and couldn't stop by to say hi.

Cheers
Ben
What goes down, must come up .... eventually !
bcliffe

Postby anderboat » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:38 am

A special thanks to all who attended the SubComMI Fun Run. The weather Sunday was the best we have ever had. The water as usual was clear and without any wind in the air was flat as glass. Only two boats lost and they were easily retrieved, one with a Salmon net, and the other with our “Small Sub Guy” Mark Jones going in with waders. See you all next year same place and around the same date. Stay tuned for hopefully a return of the SubComMI Winter Regatta in February 2006.
anderboat
SubCommittee Member

Postby U812 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:04 am

Tom,

I hope your going to put up some pictures or a link to them.

Steve
U812

Postby anderboat » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:25 pm

None on my camera, to busy running my batteries down till the fail safe forced my boats to surface. There were many taken by others though.
anderboat
SubCommittee Member

Postby U812 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:57 pm

Tom,

You need to consider having a web site for your chapter. This way you can promote your efforts for all to see. Also when people who couldn't or didn't attend see the pictures and videos of your event it encourages them to come next time.

I take pictures at every event I attend whether it be subs or planes and post them in forums if nothing else within the next day.

You should get one member in your group and assign him the task.

Just my 2 cents Tom.

Steve
U812

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:27 am

If anyone has some good shots from this great event, I'd be happy to post them.

Send to TMSmalley@yahoo.com

with descriptions of what is in the images!
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:04 am

Tim and Tom,

I'd be happy to send you each a CD of the collected photos (too many to upload/download) taken by Odé Touye and myself. Included are several brief, low-res QuickTime videoclips -- pretty poor quality, but still fun. (Tom I sent you 3 of these as e-mail attachments last night. Hope they got through; those I sent to Manley were returned -- file transfer size limits on his ISP.) Several of the stills will be featured (obviously) in the writeup of the event I've now started for the SCR. Don't know if it'll be for December or March. Tim, how's your piece on SubRegatta '05 coming?

I'll need snailmail address confirmations for both of you if you'd like a photo-CD.

Thanks, guys,
Jeff Porteous
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:05 am

Hi Jeff - I think Carl has the SubRegatta article scheduled to go into the Dec issue to coincide with the availability of color.
Be sure to send descriptions/captions of who/what is on your shots and who took them (if they aren't all yours). Snail mail addy in the membership roster still works for.
Thanks!
Tim

Edited By TMSmalley on 1127819599
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:49 am

Tim,

I'll get a CD out to you soon as I can. Will include a SimpleText doc. with sorta generic ID/captions which should help clarify things at least a bit. (Sorry, best I can do.)

Later, bud,
Jeff
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Previous

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas