Banner Ad 1

Photographs from 2005 Sub Ron 5 - pictures

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby Wayne Frey » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:51 am

Sub Ron 2005 has come and gone again.
Well enjoyed by all.
I posted some pictures on my members homepage until everyone can get home and load theirs somewhere.
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:27 pm

A great big Bravo Zulu to Paul Crozier and the whole SubRon 5 gang for yet another kick-a** Fun Run south of the Mason-Dixon this past weekend.

Personal accomplishments included my most satisfying running-light night run yet; no major collisions or other ops-related casualties beyond a couple of busted 'scopes (never cruise beneath Gail's killer Seawolf with your masts raised!), a cracked u-joint (quickly replaced), and plenty of skeeter bites -- even a partial bee sting -- for the skipper; a challenging run of the SubRon's very impressive nav course; plus -- as always -- a lengthy chance to work on my Texas drawl with you guys . . . I mean "y'all." (As Paul's sweet Julie is fond of saying, "I'm from 'out of town'.") Special thanks to Tom K. for his able wet rescue of my little flat-batteried Blueback when I found myself having too much fun to watch the clock on my run time.

Again, my thanks to Gail Phillips, Carl Dietz, Tom Kisler, Wayne Frey, Don Baker, Gene Tilbury and other attendees and droppers-by too numerous to mention -- plus, of course, Paul, cuz it really is his baby! -- for a weekend-long reminder of why I'm so deep into this hobby . . . and why I'll even brave dreaded air travel to participate. (By the way, Rich Allsmiller, we missed you!) See y'all again next year, but for now, it's on to San Francisco for the Sept. 17-18 SubCommittee shark gathering!

Headed back below PD,
Jeff Porteous

P.S. You other midwestern, western and southern state SubCommittee guys really ought to consider attending next year. The more boats the merrier, and you really missed a great time!

P.P.S. Great photos on your member page, Wayne!
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas