Banner Ad 1

Aug 12 Chat Meeting

South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida Local Chapter

Postby Jdlockh » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:49 pm

I just want to remind everyone about next weeks chat meeting.

See you all in the chat room

James
Jdlockh

Postby duke » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:34 am

Hello James and all at SubCom Deep south,

I am new to message boards and chat rooms but I would like to tune in to you guys on Friday night. Do I register now or wait till Friday night? I will be at my wife's computer which is a bit slow compared to this PC here at work. I hope that won't make a difference.

I am here in New Orleans and I have been into R/C boats for years and years ago built a dynamic diving sub. I have renewed interest in subs and I have recently started my own WTC.

I browsed your web site and was inpressed with the models as well as with the site itself.

I hope to at least say hello to all on Friday night.

Have Fun!

Harold Rouchell
aka as Duke
New Orleans, LA
duke

Postby spongjim » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:50 pm

Hello Harold .
Welcome to the group and see you friday night. Have you got any subs now?
Jim
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby Jdlockh » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:05 am

Hi Harold, I would go ahead and register in the forums and the gallery. I would use the same ID that you used for the SC boards so it is easer to keep track of.
There should not be too much of a difference between the two computers. I have done chat rooms on dialup and high speed.
We will see you tomorrow night.

James
Jdlockh

Postby duke » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:12 am

Hello Jim,

I still have the old dynamic diver I built years ago. I never completed the next experiment with that sub which was to install a pendelum (in the free flood area) linked to the rear planes to try to devise a method of automatic leveling. Back in early 80s when I was trying this sub I found that this was a problem - the difficulty of achieving level running without porpoising. The pendelum would sense the pitch of the hull and correct the rear planes for zero bubble. I built lots of adjustment into the system to get the feed-back of the pendelum just right. But I never completed that experiment and the sub sits on a shelf in the garage. The sub is 42" long and looks like a generic guppy type with the tall sail. it should be retired and become a symbol of my first try, but I thought at times to get it running again. Most of my experience is with wood so I wish to get some experience with molding simple sub hulls (Permit type perhaps) with fiberglass and epoxy resin. A proper WTC is in progress for a more state-of-the-art sub.

By the way, something has come up that may prevent me from being in your chat room on Friday night, but if so I will attend two weeks from Friday.

Take Care and Have FUN

Harold
duke

Postby dlittle » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:17 pm

Has the Sub Com Deep South ever considered hosting its own regatta?
dlittle

Return to SubComDeepSouth