Banner Ad 1

Posting Regatta photos - Send them in

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:01 am

As you are swapping SubRegatta 2005 photos back and forth, please consider sending your best ones to Bob Martin - our intrepid webmaster - it's easy to do.

As you enter this site on the home page www.subcommittee.com
there are several categories across the top called "Member Tools" (assuming you are a SC member.)

Just click on "PHOTOS" and it walks you through an easy step by step to upload your photos. Bob will make sure they are okey dokey and will then post them for all to see. That way, once these posts are long buried, and the site you upload your personal stuff to is gone - newbies will still be able to find the shots and be inspired!

If this is too much messing around - just email him the shots webmaster@subcommittee.com (with a list of captions) and I'm sure he'll get them up for you.

Thanks!

Edited By TMSmalley on 1123074719
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby tsenecal » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:54 pm

Tim,

I am a member of the subcommittee, I am a registered user of the forums, and I can log in to the forums, but when I go to the general ww.subcommittee.com website, I do not have these "member tools" of which you speak listed across the top of the webpage, and when i login using the same user name and password that i use for the forums, an error is generated saying i have entered the wrong user name or password....

so know posting of photos...

Tim
tsenecal
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:59 pm

Hi Tim -
I think I remember Jeff LaRue saying that the message board forums and the "website" where the photos are - are two different critters and you need to register for them separately. I will forward your note on to Bob the webmaster and maybe we can clear this issue up once and for all - until the next time. :;): Once you get your user name and login confirmed from Bob for the "website" then you can enter that info on the bottom left of the main SubCommittee homepage where it asks for the info. (Be sure to keep upper and lower case exactly the same as the way you told Bob you wanted it or it won't work!)

AND if that's just too much messing around, just email them to Bob and he can put them up for you, so yes, everyone can submit photos!

Edited By TMSmalley on 1123101087
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bob the Builder » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:18 pm

Indeedy do.

The website and the message boards are written in two different languages (computer languages, that is), and merging the two together into one has proven to be a difficult issue for our programmer.

If you are a member in good standing, just let me know (email me at webmaster@subcommittee.com), and I'll get you all set up if you aren't already. I'll need three things:

1.) Your requested username
2.) Your requested password
3.) Your current SubCommittee membership number

We recommend that everyone try to keep the same login info for the site as they do for the boards, just to keep confusion to a minimum. If you have any specific questions, be sure to let me know.

Bob Martin
Webmaster - www.subcommittee.com
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas