Banner Ad 1

Trumpeter Seawolf Correction kit

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Postby Gerwalk » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:14 am

Wayne Frey wrote:While we are talking about the mods to this kit, who has done them?
And what, exactly, is not correct?

I've already asked that in a separate topic but nobody replied!
:(
There is a list of errors that Thor listed some time ago but they are useful but without graphic references to help understanding them is not easy. I'm not saying that he should do that! But someone should!!
please!! :)
Pablo
Gerwalk

Postby ThorDesign » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:33 pm

I had figured a correction kit price of close to $135.00.

As I pointed out above, There will be NO correction kit produced by ThorDesign. There is not enough interest at the price needed to make it worth while.
ThorDesign

Postby georget » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:29 pm

So Matt, what are the corrections that the kit needs? Are they that extensive to have such a cost for the correction set? Also maybe someone would buy your masters and produce the kit them selves.
George :D
georget

Postby ThorDesign » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:14 pm

The correction kit would have included:

1) new propulsor shroud
2) new impeller (white metal)
3) forward & aft stators with shaft bearings (radial & thrust)
4) new sail with shears & scopes
5) new bow planes
6) new stern planes & rudders with control shafts & hinges
7) new bow
8) scribing template to correct multiple access hatch & flood vent inaccuracies.
ThorDesign

Postby yoda_helimag » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:41 pm

Hi

if you didn't produce the correction kit for the seawolf, why didn't produce some oter submarine in the same scale, with a friend, we looking for an akula or other model in 1:144.

I think, maybe you have a new market with model in this scale under your eyes :cool: ( please sold model to France !!!)

Sorry for my english
YoDa
-------
site admin www.helimag.com
French sub modeler
yoda_helimag

Postby U812 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:10 pm

ThorDesign wrote:Be amazed, Nick.

There will be no kit to improve the Trumpeter Seawolf. I had a couple positive responses wanting the kit and the majority told me they would not pay anymore than what they paid for the kit. So, I guess we will have to wait for the oh so skilled chinese to come out with a correction kit. Maybe their time is only worth $29.95, but I value my time much more highly than making $3.50/hr. So, no kit will be produced by this modeler.

Matt,

I couldn't agree more. I'm sick of people in this country especially wanting somethin for near nothing. Like the work I do for film.

I have gone from over 4 grand a week in the last few years to barely 250 a day. It's sick. Who can live on that in CA. Or LA for that matter. Not to mention my training and skills that didn't come cheap either. Or the hardware and software.

Same goes for modeling. You hand craft and design all this stuff yourself until your so tired you can't see straight and everyone tells you you want too much fro your time.

I think Merriman said it best but I can't repeat it here! LOL!

You go Matt!

Steve
U812

Postby Gerwalk » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:55 am

I'm 100% sure that that Thor's kit would be the best of the best worthing every dollar.
The set he had in mind is a uber-complet conversion set. Let's consider that a conversion kit for the Revell Lionfish (from Nautilus models) is IIRC about 90 $ (including photoetched, wooden decks and resin parts). And that doesn't include corrections to the hull shape, props, etc. So in that context 135$ for the bigger and more complete Seawolf set is not that much!

But... yes there is always a "but": some modellers are not willing to spend that ammount of money on their models (some of them could not even have that ammount of money for the hobby!) Maybe a more limited set with some good replacements parts for the Trumpeter model or even several sets with the parts Matt mentioned could sell better. Using the Nautilus Models example again: you can buy each set sepparetly, sail and guns, photoetched parts and wooden deck. Costing around 30$ each (twice as much each as the original model!)
Pablo
Gerwalk

Previous

Return to New Product Announcements