Banner Ad 1

Subregatta restaurants/family things to do

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby Admirals Commander » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:21 pm

For those making to the Subregatta, here is some local info. Please bring your families! There is plenty for everyone to do around Carmel/Indy. The Speedway Museum is great. The Indy Childrens museum is one of the best in the country. There is a farmers market on Saturday morning 1 block from the pond. There is one of the best walking/bike riding trails in the country right next to the pond. There is a living history museum (Conner Prairie) about 20 minutes away. We also have 3 great malls in the area. If you get pizza in your room order"Some Guys." These restaurants are good: McAlisters Deli, Don Pablos, Teds Montana Grill, Macs and Ermas, Shapiros, Charlestons, Carrabbas, Fridays, Bubs Burgers, Chipotle, Penn Station. All are within 5-10 minutes from the pond/hotel. Please let me know if you need any information ( admiralscommander@hotmail.com ). Have a nice safe trip!!
Admirals Commander

Postby Casey Thrower » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:39 pm

Don't forget the Bonefish Grill. Great atmosphere.
Casey Thrower SC Member #1675

"Oh Lord, Thy sea is so large and my boat is so small"
Casey Thrower

Postby Bigdave » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:22 pm

Hi Chris,
Do you think you could put up a list of good hobby shops in town. I don't know about the other Bubble heads, but I love to visit new hobby shops. Thanks, Dave. :D
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby Admirals Commander » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:37 am

Guys,
The only hobby shop that is close to Carmel is Hobbytown. They are a little hard to find and are in the Castleton Mall area. I'm sure that you can find them on mapquest. They have very little in r/c boating. They have tons of plastic kits and trains. They also have a great deal of r/c cars and planes. It is a very big store. Their website is htindy.com . There is a Radio Shack that is a few blocks from the pond if you need them, also.
Chris
Admirals Commander

Postby pdoman » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:48 pm

I recall a deli near the pond that made awesome corned beef sandwiches?
Paul Doman
Chicago
USA
pdoman

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas