Banner Ad 1

Lunar Models Seaview - I ordered it

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby Kowalski » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:33 am

I ordered it over a month ago and a couple days ago they emailed me to let me know it would get shipped in a few weeks. Is service from them usually that slow? That model looks good though.
Kowalski

Postby Casey Thrower » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:20 pm

It's a tough build. Get ready to cuss a little.
Casey Thrower SC Member #1675

"Oh Lord, Thy sea is so large and my boat is so small"
Casey Thrower

Postby Robert » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:31 am

FYI Luner just had to move to a new location in the past two months so they probably developed a slight backlog they need to fill.

I have one partially completed which I bought from the 'bay. One day I will complete it. Whoever did it did excellent work on a tough buildup. They assembled the two hull halves, converted the front to the 4 window TV version, and scratchbuilt a lighted control room. They also used aluminum tubing and brass rod to build the masts for the the conning tower, as well as to reinforce the attachment points for the rear fins. The worst of the work that remains for me is to get the bottom part put in and the front wings secured.
Robert
SubCommittee Member

Postby Kowalski » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:43 am

I look forward to getting mine but I don't think I'll go the extra mile to build a control room, because, I intend to convert mine to R/C.
The scratch built control room, aluminum tubing/brass rod thing sounds like something David Merriman would put together!
Kowalski

Postby Michael Laubach » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:07 pm

That particular kit will be very difficult to make R/C. I had the same idea, and inquired about turning into an R/C version. Most thought that it would be too difficult to do. If you are interested in an R/C version of the Seaview, I would contact Rick Teskey. I purchased one of his hulls, and added one of Merriman's beautifully crafted sails. I also added lights to it also. I was very pleased with the final results.
Michael Laubach

Postby Jeffrey J » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:46 pm

check out Dennis DeBoer web site, Dennis make a nice large scale Seaview, these are made to be R/C'd ,,, Ed Tordal has one. Jeff Jones
::::Look under "DeBoer Hulls"
one things for sure, they won't be expecting us......... S/C#258
Jeffrey J

Postby Jeffrey J » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:49 pm

one things for sure, they won't be expecting us......... S/C#258
Jeffrey J

Return to Television and Movie Submarines