Banner Ad 1

What's going on this summer? - HELLOOOOO!

Eastern US Coast Local Chapter - Lower New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., Virginia.

Postby Terry Weber » Sun May 15, 2005 5:02 pm

Hello everyone! What's up? With no gettogethers this winter, I'm hoping more will happen this summer. What are the planes?
Terry
Terry Weber

Postby Wheels » Sun May 15, 2005 9:25 pm

TO: SUBCOMEAST MEMBERS

Tentative Schedule of Events for 2005

May 21st and 22nd - Maritime Model Expo
St. Michaels, MD

June 11th - Greenwich Lake
Gibbstown, NJ

July 9th - Greenwich Lake
Gibbstown, NJ

ST. MICHAELS, MD­On Saturday, May 21 and Sunday, May 22, the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum will be host to the second annual Maritime Model Boat Expo. The expo is being presented by CBMM's Model Guild and the North American Steamboat Modeler's Association (NASMA). The show will feature "live" steamboat models, skipjacks with working sails, speedboats, tugs, and other radio-controlled miniatures.

This year's show has expanded to a two-day format to allow more opportunities for model boat demonstrations. There will also be a larger fresh water "pond," about seventy by fifty feet, near the Museum's Steamboat Building where modelers will demonstrate the mobility of the highly-detailed and realistic models.

Some of the models are operated under their own steam power and boast whistles based upon the real thing of a century ago. Other radio-controlled models are electrically propelled. The Museum's Model Sailing Club will race five-foot-long skipjacks, replicas of Maryland's official state boat, across the waters of nearby Foggs Cove, propelled by wind and under the remote guidance of their builders.

There will be a children's program where kids will build a simple model, power or sail, and sail it in a small pond, separate from the main event. Also new this year is the participation of the Washington Ship Model Society with a beautiful static display of finely-crafted ship models. The expo will also feature static displays of boat models and vendors will be on hand with models, kits, and food for sale.
The Maritime Model Expo is open to the public and is included with the regular price of Museum admission, which is $10 for adults and $5 for children. CBMM members are admitted free. For more information about the expo or to register, contact Model Guild President Bob Mason at 410-745-3266, bmason@bluecrab.org, or NASMA's Tom Ray at 410-820-5036, [email]yogojr@yahoo.com.[/email]

Greenwich Lake directions: From New Jersey Route 295 either coming North or South Exit at Exit 15 and come to the Stop sign and make a left turn. Go about ¼ mile and turn right into Greenwich Lake.

Starting time is 10:30 AM and usually we break around 2:30 PM for lunch. See you there. You can confirm dates by calling Jim Wheeler (215) 332-0848, Jim Butt (717) 227-8197

Respectfully,

Jim Wheeler
Jim Wheeler....."Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Wheels
SubCommittee Member

Postby KAGNEW » Tue May 17, 2005 10:46 am

HI GUYS
DOES ANYBODY LIVE IN CENTRAL VIRGINA?
I WANT TO GET INTO RC SUBS BUT MAY NEED TO PICK SOMEONES BRAINS FROM TIME TO TIME :p
STARFIGHTERS.
the fastest airshow team in the world
KAGNEW

Postby Wheels » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:01 am

OK Guys.........

Last saturday we had a outing scheduled and only 5 people showed up. You wanted events scheduled and when they, are you don't show up. What's up???????????

Yes you missed a great time...hope to see you in July.

Jim Wheeler ???
Jim Wheeler....."Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Wheels
SubCommittee Member

Postby subdude » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:56 pm

Well, since you asked.....

I was once again donating my weekend "time off" to my employer, so as to ensure their continued profitability, while realizing no clear gain for myself. :(

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:54 pm

Yea....I know I missed it. I worked both Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes it happens. Hopefully, July will be better...but no gurantees.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComEast