Banner Ad 1

Eastern US Coast Local Chapter - Lower New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., Virginia.

Postby tabledancer » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:16 am

Hi,is any body there. :D I`m a new member and I`m looking to see if there is any sub activity in Western Pa. This summer.I`d like to see some of the local talent and boats in action,also may be share some ideas.Thanks for any replys.
Kind Regards,
T.D. ???
Don`t forget,its going to be dark tonite.
tabledancer

Postby eckloss » Sun May 01, 2005 1:09 pm

Western PA? Where are ya? I'm just south of Pittsburgh in WV.
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Postby tabledancer » Sun May 01, 2005 3:21 pm

About 35 m. north of Pittsburgh,Butler about 15 miles east of I-79. Where are you in W.VA. I did a lot of trucking in West by God Va.Had some relatives in Follansbee. :D Do you have a fleet of boats.I have 2 static U-Boats,no RC`S yet but big plans :;): .
Regards,
T.D. :cool:
tabledancer

Postby eckloss » Mon May 02, 2005 3:50 am

Been through Butler many times. I'm in Wheeling, but my business is in Pittsburgh, so I'm travelling there almost daily.

I've been out of the hobby since '99, to start my business and a family, and am only very recently getting back in. So, no working boats to speak of yet. But soon.

e.
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Postby tabledancer » Mon May 02, 2005 11:11 am

:D Glad,to meet you.I have some good friends in and around Wheeling,I have delivered loads all around that area too.I drove a gasoline transport for Exxon and Sheetz for many,many years.So I know the Tristate area very well.I just recently got serious about r/c submarines,but I have been building military models for years and was quite heavely into HO model railroading about 15 yr. ago.I really enjoy the submarines now though,always had an interest just now it is more serious.I have 3 static boats now,a ROG Type VIIC,a ROG Type XXI,and Revell Fleetboat that I just found in my stack of unbuilt models.I plan on building another ROG Type VII in the very near future,but this one is going to be r/c,then I want to do an OTW Type VIIC as soon as I can fit it into my work area.Maybe we could get together at a local sub function some time to compare notes or tell some lies or whatever.All we have to do is find one,rite :D
Kind Regards,
T.D.
tabledancer

Postby eckloss » Mon May 02, 2005 8:43 pm

First thing you want to do, if you havent already, is join the Committee and get the subscription to the SC Report.

Next, get as many of the videos of past regattas as you can. They are an unbelievable resource for sub modelling.

If you can make it, go to the Regatta in Indiana this July. You will be blown away by what you see there, and you will learn so, so much!

Now, as for local groups, SubComm East is a great group of guys! Back in 1999 I was able to attend a few meets. These guys are the best. I don't know where they meet anymore (hey Jim, any schedule for this year???) but they are the nicest and most helpful group you could ask for. Hopefully we'll get together at one this year.

Erich
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Postby tabledancer » Tue May 03, 2005 2:21 am

Erich,
I`ve already joined the Committee a couple of months ago.I`ve read a couple of issues of the report,"great publication"I`m going to try to go to the Regatta this year if possible.if not maybe some local events if I can find any.Keep me posted if you hear of anything going on or if you start on anything let me know.
Regards,
T.D. ???
tabledancer

Return to SubComEast