Banner Ad 1

Fun Run in Carmel

Midwest US Local Chapter - Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

Postby woodnkl » Sun May 18, 2003 10:42 am

Just wanted to say Thanks to all that came to the event yesterday in Carmel IN. I personally had a great time and got lots of tips on how to get my sub up and running in the near future. Thanks again. Jerry
woodnkl

Postby Thomcmdchief » Sun May 18, 2003 2:40 pm

Ditto Jerry. A great day with a lot of great people and an lot of experience all the way around. Carmel is a super location and fantastic facility. The Indy Admirals were the greatest. Can't wait to meet there again. I do hope its soon (like maybe this summer).

Thanks for a great weekend.

Thom Lustik
Thomcmdchief

Postby 74-1047665942 » Sun May 18, 2003 8:55 pm

Jerry, Thom, I will second that! Can't wait for the next one... The Subcommittee really put Carmel IN. on the map.
It was fun putting face's and names together after all this time. Hope everyone had a safe trip home. Jeff Jones
74-1047665942

Postby Turbobearcat » Sun May 18, 2003 9:59 pm

:(
I only wish I could have came Saturday, too many storms and a trip earlier in the week scraped any plans I had to come.
The good news is my Kilo is almost ready, should be bale to hit the water Monday night and my "Red October" is almost ready as well. If anybody has pictures of everything that happened, please email me with them!

Mark
"Prepare for ramming speed!"
Turbobearcat

Postby retprinc » Mon May 19, 2003 1:02 am

:) Thank You to the Indianapolis Admirals, The City of Carmel and the fine bunch of Subron 6 members who attended. It was a great funrun and the help and assistance offered by everyone was greatly appreciated. Skip, Art, John, Jerome, Tim and all of the other subnuts who helped me stay afloat, I salute you. As always Steve and I look forward to our next gathering with you all.

retprinc/aka Fish/aka Al Bass
Al Bass
AKA: Fish
retprinc
SubCommittee Member

Postby Casey Thrower » Mon May 19, 2003 12:56 pm

I too enjoyed meeting the people that frequent the board. Carmel is a great place and I plan on returning as often as possible. Thanks Admirals for putting on a good show.
Casey Thrower

Postby pdoman » Mon May 19, 2003 9:07 pm

The meet in Carmel was fantastic! Good to see everyone and meet new faces.

The pond is THE best site I've ever seen.

The Admirals plan to hold a model ship regatta next year. It will be the place to be.

PD
Paul Doman
Chicago
USA
pdoman

Postby Jshag » Mon May 19, 2003 9:42 pm

I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to Chris Campbell, the Indy Admirals
and the city of Carmel for helping SubRon6 hold our first run at this new location. Skip and I had the opportunity to talk to the Mayor of Carmel and were very pleased with his willingness to help us in any to hold future events there. We had about 24 SubCommittee members show up and many subs. A special thanks to Skip Assay for taking the time to come out and meet the SubRon6 members and share his great knowledge with us. We are all better for it. I will try to post some picture up on the SubRon6 website later this week. Thanks to all that came, it was great fun. We will try to schedule one in August (23rd?).

John S.
John Schagane
SubRon6
Lexington, KY
Jshag
SubCommittee Member

Postby 68-1046821426 » Tue May 20, 2003 1:52 am

John,
I wish I could have been there on Saturday and if you can get it set for the August Fun Run I don't care what comes up I'll be making the trip.

Mike D. :p
68-1046821426

Postby Ubootman » Thu May 22, 2003 7:37 pm

Guys,
We (the significant other and I) Had a great time at the Run- I'll be there again! It was a nice controlled environment and everyone was friendly. Thanks to everyone that had a hand in arranging it. No complaints, except that uncontrollable weather.
Scott Steckler
Ubootman

Postby 74-1047665942 » Thu May 29, 2003 8:50 pm

Scott, Tim, what size WTC's are you using in your XXIII's? Scott I don't have your e-mail and didn't really get a good look at the WTC's you or Tim are using, What is the max size tube that will fit this hull? Thanks Jeff,
P.S. Hey Scott , welcome to the big "40",,, :cool:
74-1047665942

Postby TMSmalley » Fri May 30, 2003 9:26 am

Hi Jeff -
Both Scott and I are using a D&E WTC 3.0. in our 32nd P type XXIII hulls. It's a very tight fit but it works.

Just for fun next time I might try one of Small World Models new 2.75" WTCs - Image

Small World Models WTC web page
Scott and I have both noticed that we have a little problem with the boat submerging stern first - so may try moving the WTC forward an inch or so. There also may be an issue with air being trapped in the bow. If anyone has any other ideas - I'd love to hear about it!
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon6