Banner Ad 1

New sub movie - Lorelei

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby Seahawk » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:44 am

I saw this link over at another forum. It a Japanese movie title Lorelei that just came out in theaters over there March 5th. It takes place on a WWII Japanese submarine. The graphics were really impressive, though for now everything is in Japanese. Can't wait for an English release!

Lorelei Trailer

You'll need quicktime to view the trailer.
SubCommittee #2508
Seahawk

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:11 pm

I emailed SubCommittee member Kanji (who lives in Japan) about this movie. Here is his reply...

Hi Tim,
All I heard about this movie is that it is story about fiction Type I (I-gou) sub going to solo attack to Tenian to prevent 2nd Atom bomb. It carries "Lorelei system" which is secret scanning device. .. And rest of the story is totally Sci-Fi or Japanese animation like. If you expect serious sub movie like Das Boot, this one is not for you. And digital SFX is totally out of date. I will watch it when DVD is released, though. . .
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bob the Builder » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:29 pm

Back when this movie was just coming out, there were several hi-res shots of the filming miniature posted. I found the original post showing the link, but they're dead now.

Did anyone get a chance to download the pictures of the miniature, and could you share them here (or just email them to me, as I'd love to see them again!)

Thanks,

Bob
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Return to Television and Movie Submarines