Banner Ad 1

Can't get my F16 Futaba to work with the 8370 deco

R/C Submarine modelers

Postby 82-1052090681 » Sun May 04, 2003 7:28 pm

I must be doing something wrong, but I do not know what.

Here is what is happening:

I have the 12 + 2 multi-switch (8101) installed in the F16 and have the 8370 connected to my receiver.

The decoder has 6 switch outputs and two servo outputs.

Each output has 3 pins - (position A ), + (center pin), - (position B). The positions relate to the switch position on the transmitter. If you flip the switch up the decoder is supposed to go to position A. If you flip it down, it is supposed to go to position B.

I have the F16 programmed to Multi on.

My problem is, when I flip the switch (any of the 6) up on the transmitter module, the decoder flips to the A position. If I flip the switch down to the B position, the decoder does nothing.

Now if I go back to the programming of the F16 and reverse the Multichannel the inverse happens. Position A does not work but position B does.

How do I get this decoder to work (the way I understand it is supposed to work) so when I flip to A it goes to A, and when I flip to B it goes to B?

Can someone please help me.

Thanks,
82-1052090681

Postby Ramius-II » Sun May 04, 2003 11:30 pm

Hi Ray:
The problem you are describing is the result of the threshold level on the switch board being either too high or too low. There are two resistors R-2 and R-3, both are 4.7k, changing one to be 3.6k will fix it.

The switch board has all surface mount components so it is next to impossible to change the resistor unless you have access to surface mount soldering and desoldering equipment. :(

All is not lost, you can go to Radio Shack or any electronics store and buy a 16 K (16,000 ohm) resistor and add it across the resistor that is already on the board. The 16 k will drop the value from 4.7k to 3.6k. Since 16k is not necessarily a "standard" value you may find all they have is a 16.2k which is fine. :;):

Any problems or questions, feel free to ask.

Ed :D
Just one more wire!
SC# 2268
WB6NSN
Ramius-II
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler