Banner Ad 1

Feb fun run in carmel - who's going?

Midwest US Local Chapter - Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

Postby wingtip » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:33 am

Ok, lets get some chatter on this forum.. Who's attending?

I plan to attend and bring a newly acquired alvin thats far from finished lol... and a scratchbuilt (also unfinished) semi scale alpha i plan to sell or trade if anyone is interested that is :p ....
"Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your ductape!"

Dave "wingtip" Townsend
SubCommittee #2777
Martinsville Indiana
davet@insightbb.com
wingtip

Postby Virg » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:26 pm

I'll be there with my Skipjack. It's just had "bathtub" time so the pool will be a great place to test it.

Virgil
Virg
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:50 am

We have RSVPs from John Schagane, Tom Wise, Jim Schwinkendorf, Virgil Brown, Matt Munger, Jerry Nichols, Craig "Mad Lab" O'Neill and family, Bob and Helen Geskin, Art "Chip" Meyer w/snookums, Tim Smalley w/ nobody <sniff>, Richard Pflanzer, Mark Hamilton, Chris Campbell, Dave Hampton, and now Dave Townsend.

NOTE if you are in the SubRon 6 Op Area (the Midwest), a paid up member of the SubCommittee, and want to be included in the SR6 FLASH TRAFFIC email announcements about our upcoming events, please let me know by sending me an email at: tmsmalley@yahoo.com and I will add you to the mailing list.

NOTE: Even if you are not a Midwesterner or not yet a SubCommittee member, but happen to be in the Indianapolis, Indiana area over the Feb 12 weekend, please feel free to swing by the Carmel High School Swimming Pool and see what RC subs are all about.

*SO = Significant Other

The Carmel High School Natatorium has glass all along one wall so there is nice natural light for U/W photography.

Edited By TMSmalley on 1106665122
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby TheMongoose » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:43 pm

I'd like to get directions. Can someone send me some or at least the addreess so I could MapQuest it please?

Thanks!
Aaarrggghhhh, Play Me A Dirge Matey
TheMongoose

Postby wingtip » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:52 pm

11355 North Meridian St., Carmel Indiana. 46032.

NOTE if you are in the SubRon 6 Op Area (the Midwest), a paid up member of the SubCommittee, and want to be included in the SR6 FLASH TRAFFIC email announcements about our upcoming events, please let me know by sending me an email at: tmsmalley@yahoo.com and I will add you to the mailing list.

NOTE: Even if you are not a Midwesterner or not yet a SubCommittee member, but happen to be in the Indianapolis, Indiana area over the Feb 12 weekend, please feel free to swing by the Carmel High School Swimming Pool and see what RC subs are all about.

The Carmel High School Natatorium has windows all along one wall so there is nice natural light for photography.

SubRon6 Hotel for Feb Fun run.
We have secured a FEW discounted ($79/night) suites for the Fun Run. Tell them you are with the SubCommittee / SubRon6 group when you call - to get the reduced rate.

NOTE - these are BIG rooms - two queen sized beds PLUS a sleeper sofa so three guys sharing wouldn't be a problem.

AMENITIES:
Two room suites with 2 queen-sized beds plus a sleeper sofa makes these rooms a bargain - especially splitting between three guys. Perfect for families!

Sitting area, work space with voicemail and dataport, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. (bring popcorn!)

11355 North Meridian St., Carmel Indiana. 46032. A couple of miles from the high school pool. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby.

The DoubleTree Guest Suites
11355 N. Meridian St.,
Carmel, IN 46032
(317) 844-7994 fax 844-2118
1-800-222-TREE
www.doubletreehotels.com
"Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your ductape!"

Dave "wingtip" Townsend
SubCommittee #2777
Martinsville Indiana
davet@insightbb.com
wingtip

Postby tanker347 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:45 pm

hi guy's
sorry to say i can not make the run. i had to have some surgery this last sunday. so i am on the mend but i am to sore to make the drive. i am very bummed out. but this is the way it goes. i will see you all at the sub regatta with my 21, spee, and e-boat. maybe even a russian torpedo boat in the works. craig
tanker347

Return to SubRon6