Banner Ad 1

Cabin fever expo

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby 1bigjohn » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:39 pm

I just thought I would check to see who is comming to Cabin Fever this weekend. That way I can have tables set up for us

BIG JOHN
1bigjohn

Postby Wheels » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:12 am

John.....
I'll be there with several boats.

Jim Wheeler

:cool:
Jim Wheeler....."Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Wheels
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:25 pm

I'll be there on Saturday. Probably with my Seehund and Skipjack.

Any idea (best guess?) where you will be getting us table space?

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby 1bigjohn » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:12 pm

Hi all When you come in the front door turn right go into the west hall you will see the pond we will be at the far corner. I have 4 tables if we need more I can get them.Come in first then we will help you get your subs in.

BIG JOHN
1bigjohn

Postby Novagator » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:28 pm

How was it? Wish I could have made it up there, but the Alfa is waiting on a new radio before I can finish her.

Besides that my Honey to do list was too long and I snuck away and went cruising in a lambroghini yesterday, couldn't pass up that opportunity.
John Cottingham
Sub Committee Member #2721
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wheels » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:39 pm

John.....

I had a great day yesterday.....we had people asking questions about the submarines all day long. Since its a model engineering show there was plenty to see and want. I got to make several new friends and I feel we will get several new members for our efforts. In short you missed a great time.

Respectfully,
Jim Wheeler
Jim Wheeler....."Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Wheels
SubCommittee Member

Postby Novagator » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:13 am

Wheels wrote:John.....

I had a great day yesterday.....we had people asking questions about the submarines all day long. Since its a model engineering show there was plenty to see and want. I got to make several new friends and I feel we will get several new members for our efforts. In short you missed a great time.

Respectfully,
Jim Wheeler

Sounds Great Jim.
John Cottingham
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:24 am

You missed a good show. This wasn't a typical 'hobby' show. There was a mix of vendors and folks displaying completed projects.....and we're not talking about things found in the local hobby shop! Lot's of steam engines....stationary, railroad, boats,etc., as well as things like handbuilt gatling guns!

We had four SubCommittee members in attendance and we almost always had a good crowd around our table and especially whenever we were running our subs in the indoor pool.

What I found very interesting was that these folks were obviously not put off by either the 'complexity' of r/c subs nor by the possible costs involved.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Novagator » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:45 pm

JWLaRue wrote:You missed a good show. This wasn't a typical 'hobby' show. There was a mix of vendors and folks displaying completed projects.....and we're not talking about things found in the local hobby shop! Lot's of steam engines....stationary, railroad, boats,etc., as well as things like handbuilt gatling guns!

We had four SubCommittee members in attendance and we almost always had a good crowd around our table and especially whenever we were running our subs in the indoor pool.

What I found very interesting was that these folks were obviously not put off by either the 'complexity' of r/c subs nor by the possible costs involved.

-Jeff

Thats the way it was last year and the steam boats were beautiful as well. I almost got Big John's permit run over a couple of times laster year. :laugh:
John Cottingham
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby 1bigjohn » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:48 pm

I would like to thank all of you that showed up. I was told by the people in charge that, the subs were a big hit. I was also asked if we would be intrested in giving a seminar at the next show. Please let me know on the seminar?Are we interested?

BIG JOHN

Edited By 1bigjohn on 1106268563
1bigjohn

Postby JWLaRue » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:05 pm

Yes...and yes!
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:20 pm

The Basic RC Submarine powerpoint slideshow I presented at the 2003 SubRegatta is perfect for a beginner sub seminar. (That's why I made it)

You would need a laptop and an LCD projector and screen. Usually convention centers and larger hotels have that equipment available.

The slide show is about 15 minutes long and answers the questions most people have about the hobby of RC subs; gives a basic history of the hobby, how rc subs work, scratch vs. kits, torpedoes and missiles etc.

After the powerpoint, you could take the rest of the time showing your subs and a Q&A.

Email me off-line if you (or other folks who are doing a presentation to a local rc modeling group) want a copy on CD.

Tim Smalley
tmsmalley@yahoo.com

See my website at www.rc-submarines.com
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas