Banner Ad 1

Edina (MN) Model Yacht Club Parade of Boats - SubRun June 7, subs and targets June 8

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby TMSmalley » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:04 am

Pond at the Centrum Building in Edina, MN where the Parade of Boats is held. Subs on June7, Subs and Targets June 8, 2003
Edina (Minnesota) Parade of Model Boats - June 7 (sub run only) & June 8 full RC show and run - targets too) www.emyc.org contact: Tim Smalley TMSmalley@yahoo.com Edina Model Yacht Club Parade of Boats - June 8, 11 AM - 4 PM. This is the largest model boat show in the midwest with over 125 RC boats shown and run on the pond last year.

This will be SubRon6's second fun run of the season. Edina (the "ina" is pronounced like the one in China) is a well-heeled suburb of Minneapolis and about three miles from the largest mall in the U.S. - The Mall of America. So if you want to bring the Mrs. along, she'll have something to do while you are watching submarines.

We will probably run submarines on Saturday the 7th and then run again on Sunday the 8th with the scale boat guys. There are tons of hotels in the area or if you are a SubCommittee member, I have plenty of room at my house, about nine miles from the pond!

Edited By TMSmalley on 1051243475
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Tue May 27, 2003 3:13 pm

If anyone is coming - please let me know so I can "warn" I mean inform :;): the Mrs. we are expecting company! We have room in the compound for +4 SubCommittee members.

This pond is similar to the Carmel Pond except its about eight feet deep in the middle. There is a nice long concrete area you can walk along to trail your sub in the water and the spectators are kept behind a barrier.
... See photo of Jeff Jones at the show a couple of years ago.

Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas