Banner Ad 1

TYPE 033/ROMEO Class Kit from ARKMODEL - first R Class model from China

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Postby ARKMODEL » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:01 am

Hello everybody,
We supply TYPE 033/ROMEO Class Kit and finished model.
Please visit link as below:
http://www.arkmodel.com/17601_e.htm
Large scale shipmodels(warship,submarine,Tank and so on )

Email :sales_2@hooben.com
ARKMODEL

Postby Slats » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:33 pm

:(

Edited By Slats on 1102289442
John Slater

Sydney, Australia
Slats

Postby AntoineL » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:08 am

"Things like ethics, integrity, fairness. Your approach to these things seems to be absent, not your fault really as these things are not entrenched or valued in your culture."

a very racist point of view......unbelievable to see this kind of post in a hobby forum.

Mr Slater, you can express your opinion about the way a person is doing business without talking about his country culture...
~~~~ MOBILIS IN MOBILE ~~~~
AntoineL

Postby Nautilus » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:37 pm

I SECOND THAT!! BRIAN
Nautilus

Postby wellington » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:25 am

Can some one please explain this series of post to me? Aside from the obvious racial slur perhaps one could elaborate on Arkmodel
Dave
wellington

Postby Bob the Builder » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:13 pm

Dave,

If you check back, it appears that Arkmodel purchased a single Sturgeon hull from Matt Thor a few years back and have now taken it upon themselves to manufacture copies and sell them utilizing Thor Design's name.

Their website also features many of Subtech's products, complete with authentic-looking what cases with Subtech's logo emblazoned on them.

A few people have taken exception to their somewhat brazen marketing efforts here on the boards, and to the fact that they copied the works of some of our best vendors.
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby WL Upshaw/Scale Shipyard » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:17 pm

Bob:

That about covers it.

This is not about any race, or nationality, this is about people steeling other peoples work.

The Sturgeon kit is now the property of Scale Shipyard. And I am producing this kit now ( I even have a couple of them in stock)
There is no way that they could be selling a Thor Sturgeon kit for $130.00 unless it is actually a cheap knock-off. Of course, the S&H would be more then the kit and if they decide to take your money and not ship the kit, what are you going to do???

ARK Model which is also going by the name Modelcoo, has contacted me wanting to order my 1:72 scale Permit kit and a 1:96 Sturgeon as well. I have no intention to sell to them and at this point will not even ship product to China.

I have sold items to a person in Hong Kong and now I see a photo of a FFG hull in their web site which could be a copy of mine. They state the scale at 1:100 but the length that they give turns out to be 1:96 scale, this is about a 2 3/8" differance.

I will be keeping my eye on them.

There have also been post on this site and WMU that he has seen these products at a show in the UK recently, I have contacted customers and associates in the UK and they cannot confirm this.
The person states he is in the UK but his ISP tracks him back to China, I just cant remember which one it was, I will have to look this up again.

I would hope that another company in this country does not try to import their products for sale here.

At this point, what appears to be going on over in China with these products is unethical, but if a company in this country knowingly imported and sold this product, then they would also be engaged in an unethical practice and should be boycotted as well. ???
W.L. Upshaw
The Scale Shipyard
www.scaleshipyard.com
Largest Selection of quality fiberglass model warship & submarine hulls.
WL Upshaw/Scale Shipyard

Postby 707HK » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:40 am

W.L. Upshaw / Scale Shipyard wrote:Bob:

That about covers it.

This is not about any race, or nationality, this is about people steeling other peoples work.

The Sturgeon kit is now the property of Scale Shipyard. And I am producing this kit now ( I even have a couple of them in stock)
There is no way that they could be selling a Thor Sturgeon kit for $130.00 unless it is actually a cheap knock-off. Of course, the S&H would be more then the kit and if they decide to take your money and not ship the kit, what are you going to do???

ARK Model which is also going by the name Modelcoo, has contacted me wanting to order my 1:72 scale Permit kit and a 1:96 Sturgeon as well. I have no intention to sell to them and at this point will not even ship product to China.

I have sold items to a person in Hong Kong and now I see a photo of a FFG hull in their web site which could be a copy of mine. They state the scale at 1:100 but the length that they give turns out to be 1:96 scale, this is about a 2 3/8" differance.

I will be keeping my eye on them.

There have also been post on this site and WMU that he has seen these products at a show in the UK recently, I have contacted customers and associates in the UK and they cannot confirm this.
The person states he is in the UK but his ISP tracks him back to China, I just cant remember which one it was, I will have to look this up again.

I would hope that another company in this country does not try to import their products for sale here.

At this point, what appears to be going on over in China with these products is unethical, but if a company in this country knowingly imported and sold this product, then they would also be engaged in an unethical practice and should be boycotted as well. ???

Hi Lee,

I have send you several email about your concern, please take some time to read them. Hopes those email can give you some idea. :;):

B.regards,

707HK
707HK

Postby Slats » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:06 pm

Its incredible to think these days that if someone provides any form of criticism or protest to someone elses admitted actions from another cultural background then they are a racist.
My generalisation and or frustration regarding ethics, integrity etc come from over 10 years of monitoring human rights abuses. Whilst racism is often associated with generalisations, does that mean that in a free society we can no longer make comment as to what is the factual norm of our own experiences? I certainly did not use bad language. The racist label is all too easily branded upon people who dare speak up when things are wrong.
I do however concede my comments could be labelled that way as rather sweeping and all encompassing and for that I sincerely apologise. I am genuinely sorry to those who took such high offence to my last post. It was not what I meant and the lesson here is not to post when you mind is foggy. -Nonetheless I unreservedly appologise.

I will continue to support all vendors in this hobby who through their own sweat, effort and talent, act with integrity.

Edited By Slats on 1102370216
John Slater

Sydney, Australia
Slats

Postby Atomic Subs » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:51 pm

Hi Guys,

Well, here's what I found out about Ark Model. I work with a fellow who speaks and reads Chinese. We looked through the Ark Model site which offered both surface ships and submarine as well as tanks. Under a page that featured the SubTech Albacore, there was no mention of SubTech as the manufacturer. What I can say is that it was described as coming from an American underwater engineering company, but again, not SubTech specifically. Now something could be lost in the translation, but still no SUBTECH name or logo. It does appear that many of the product shots on the site are taken from manufactures "stock photos" which even other distributors tend to do as well. With that said, It looks to me (and I state to me) that the site lends the impression that it offers other manufactures kits as an authorized distributor. In regards to ThorDesign products, there is only one distributor world wide, that's me. After talking to Matt at length, we have decided to limit sales to North America for now. We absolutely have no intention to sell any more product to China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan until we can get a feel for how this issue will pan out. Bottom Line here is that for at least two kits, the Albacore and Sturgeon, Ark model DOES NOT HAVE THE ACCESS TO THESE KITS. The web site states that a ThorDesign Sturgeon has a "delivery time is 3 weeks,the finished model delivery time is 5 weeks" simply not possible. So Buyer Beware on this one!

Lyle Jansma - Atomic Subs

Edited By Atomic Subs on 1102303564
Lyle Jansma
www.atomicsubs.com
Atomic Subs

Postby Novagator » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:08 am

If armodel is indeed using the trademarks of Subtech and Thor design, you might want to seek a trademark attorney's help. They can prevent any products from that company to be imported using their trademarks and might be able to get China to get them to stop using their trademarks.
John Cottingham
Sub Committee Member #2721
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Return to New Product Announcements