Banner Ad 1

Registration - on line registration

Have an idea for the web site?

Postby U812 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:37 am

I'm printing out the application form now to join but thought it might be a good idea to have the process online.

This way people can use paypal or credit card to join instantly. I get knock knee's sending credit card info through the mail as mail gets lost sometimes.

Checks take time to clear. Paypal has a credit card that's a true Master Charge and you can use it to purchase anything regardless if the site take Paypal or not. It's my hobby account and the wife doesn't have access to it really so I don't get asked "what's this for". Now I have to go ask her to write a check which is no fun guys.

Just a thought and a real good idea if you can do it.

Thanks for the great site and I'll be glad to contribute!

Steve
U812

Postby JWLaRue » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:47 am

This is something that we are investigating. Our Treasurer has some valid credit card and personal information concerns that we are looking into.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby "horridoh" » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:10 pm

??? "I like the old ways of doing things Jeff, and take-Hard to new ones. Well, when it comes to Pay-Pal, personally: I would rather a money order!
Darren Groshek
"horridoh"

Postby U812 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:45 pm

I don't know what is about paypal that causes this reaction with so many people. When they first started many miss handled their accounts in such a way that you can do with any account that resulted in the loss of their money. Their fault not paypal's.

They are owned by E Bay and one in the same as many out there just love E Bay but not paypal is a mystery to me.

I've had my account for years now with no problem at all. I make all my hobby purchases with it and find it convenient. Plus it's not credit and you can spend what you don't have. I dislike credit and credit cards very much.

Anyway either way I sent my money off today.

Thanks for the response Jeff!

Steve
U812

Postby JWLaRue » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:00 pm

Darren,

Any additional capabilities that we are looking to will not mean that the 'old ways' will no longer be an acceptble way to handle your membership renewal. The intention is to make it easier for those who prefer, or are more comfortable with, electronic payment methods.

Part of what is slowing us up is that we maintain the operating funds for the SubCommittee in a credit union...and at least here in the U.S. there are some restrictions imposed upon how accounts like this can be tied to eCommerce types of transactions. (this is as I understand it from our Treasurer, Bill Vanderslice.....who has a very good background in these types of things!)

Steve,

Your concern with the use of credit cards is possibly mirrored by some of us as well, especially from a personal data security perspective...which is why I've asked Bill to look into PayPal as our possible first foray into electronic membership payment.

-many thanks,

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby U812 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:11 pm

Thanks Jeff!

Steve
U812

Return to Request a Feature