Banner Ad 1

Lake Redman Regatta - Sunday August 15

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby Bigdave » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:56 am

The annual Lake Redman regatta will be this weekend on Sunday the 15th. It is the premier model boat event in the northeast. They love to see the subs come and run. It is in York PA, and is held in the Lake Redman reservoir. If you need directions you can E-mail me. Hope to see you there. Dave. :D

Edited By Bigdave on 1092139237
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby Ron » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:58 am

Dave,

Do you think this weekends planned weather will have any
impact on the event being held?

Thanks,
Ron
Ron

Postby Bigdave » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:15 pm

Hi Ron, They run rain or shine. The forecast does not look to bad now. It is a great show. I have been going for 9 years. The guys (Task Force 50) that put on the show do a great job. Hope to see you there, Dave. :D
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bigdave » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:19 pm

:D I just got back from the Lake Redman regatta. We had 9 subs show up this year, and the weather turned out to be the best day ever. Just perfect! If you missed this event, you blew it. Thanks to the Task Force 50 guys for a great day. Dave. :;):
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby subdude » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:19 pm

Dave's right, folks.

The TF50 guys do an amazing job every year, and the quantity and quality of model ships, boats, and subs has to be seen to be believed.

Thanks to all the SubCommittee members who came out to "show the colors" and support the event. It's truly one of the finest events around. Dave Welch won the static sub class with his amazing model of the Turtle, Don May and myself won awards in precision steering (Don's Holland performed flawlessly), and I saw Frank Ricucci recieving an award for one of his ships, but I don't recall which one (sorry, Frank). Joe Oliver was there for support, Ron Karpiej had his Albacore and X-Craft there, and there was a SubTech Marlin whose owner's name I don't recall he was a South Orange Seaport guy).

All in all, a great day. Perfect weather, good friends, beautiful models, a georgous park setting, what more could you ask? If you missed this one, you really should mark next year's third Sunday in August on the calander now.

Jim

Edited By subdude on 1092698416
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby Ron » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:35 am

Jim,

Had a great weekend and surprisingly we had great weather.
To bad the turn out was a little light due to the potential weather. I am definetly putting this on my calender for 2005. If you talk to the guys at Task Force 50 please tell them again what a great job they do putting the event together. I think the sub folks are getting the targets a little nervous!

Ron
Ron

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas