Banner Ad 1

York PA Scale Ship Regatta - Sunday, Aug 15

Eastern US Coast Local Chapter - Lower New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., Virginia.

Postby subdude » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:14 pm

Folks,
Sunday, Aug 15 is the annual Task Force 50 Scale Ship Regatta. It's held at Lake Redman, which is just south of York, PA off I-83. It's a great show, with usually in excess of 100 ships there competing in the navigation and static competitions. If you've never been, you've been missing one of the nicest model boat regattas in the country.

For anyone coming in on Saturday (the Rochester gang always makes the trip, as do some of the NJ guys) there is an infomal SubCommittee get-together and dinner at my place Saturday afternoon / evening.

Let me know if you need any more infomation. Hope to see more SubCommittee members there this year!

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:16 pm

Hmmm....not wishing to stir the pot unncessarily, however it would seem that having a SubCommittee presence at the TF50 event would be more productive than the Cabin Fever steam (engine) show.....?

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wheels » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:29 am

Since we are part of NECC and so is Task Force 50 we know about each other. Since this is not the first show at Task Force 50 we have attended if they haven't joined yet, being there will make them join now? Now Iron Fever may not recruit one person but we will be getting our message to new people, which could be prospective members.

Respectfully,
Jim Wheeler :D
Jim Wheeler....."Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Wheels
SubCommittee Member

Postby 1bigjohn » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:05 pm

IT'S NOT WORTH MY TIME TO RESPOUND TO YOU JEFF. YOUR LOSS AGAIN !!

BIG JOHN
1bigjohn

Postby JWLaRue » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:05 pm

BJ,

How about learning to use the caps-lock key. :p

In any case, I doubt I'll be 'losing' anything. :D

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComEast