Banner Ad 1

Directions to Regatta - Johnston War Memorial Park

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby TMSmalley » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:08 am

I'm not sure where the usual map to the park, hotel info etc., is on this site either but here is a screen shot of where Johnston War Memorial Park (SubRegatta location) is.

Then if you go to Mapquest and enter Providence, Rhode Island then you can get specific instructions on how to get to the park from where you are. If anybody needs the exact GPS coodinates let me know and I can post them -

though if you have waited this long to find out where the park is, maybe your mom will have to drive you there anyway :laugh:

Edited By TMSmalley on 1090588161
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Novagator » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:17 am

thanks, I think this is in response to my request in the general forum. I wasn't waiting this long, I saw the map before, but decided to wait to print out the instructions before I leave so I didn't lose them.
John Cottingham
Sub Committee Member #2721
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby MIT » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:51 pm

What time do you kick it off on Sunday morning ?

I have to work on Saturday, so I was going to drive up on Sunday. I am in CT so its an easy drive for me.

Nick
MIT

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:51 pm

Both Saturday and Sunday typically starts around 8:00am with setup. The general fun starts around 9:00am.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Art Broder » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:32 pm

It' started! Friday night gathering at SubRegatta '04. See 3 pictures on Art's SC Homepage

Come on down.
Art
Art Broder
SubCommittee#0060
RCABS- It's easy to control your own bladder!
Art Broder
SubCommittee Member

Postby WL Upshaw/Scale Shipyard » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:18 am

Hey Fellas:

Post a lot of pics here for us poor guys that could not make it.

Instead of spending the day on a plane today, I sat at the casting bench with an icepack on my knee, well at least today it didn't look any worse then yesterday, but it sure does hurt like H### :p

Last night I took my revenge and set off 4 foggers in the shop and sprayed good ole spider killer in the nooks and crannies around the shop. :angry:
W.L. Upshaw
The Scale Shipyard
www.scaleshipyard.com
Largest Selection of quality fiberglass model warship & submarine hulls.
WL Upshaw/Scale Shipyard

Postby TMSmalley » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:44 am

You have to have fun for the rest of us poor schlubs that couldn't make it Dr. Art! Take lots of shots,
Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:32 pm

I fixed Art's posting so that the web url for his SC homepage works correctly.

enjoy!

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Art Broder » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:07 pm

After a rainy start, the day was clear enough to run our subs and perform for the Outdoor Channel. Should air on cable TV in about 2-3 months.
Saturday Regatta '04 picture update, on my web site, Art Broder's Models, or copy and paste; http://groups.msn.com/ArtBrodersmodels/subregatta04.msnw?Page=1 .
Be sure to see pages 1,2,and3. See who's there!

If you want to see older videos or text documents, you may have to join my MSN group- (free). Enjoy!
Art
Art Broder
SubCommittee#0060
Art Broder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Art Broder » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:37 pm

If you have seen pics on pages 1,2,and 3, go here for Sunday's photos of The SubRegatta: http://groups.msn.com/ArtBrodersmodels/ ... ?Page=Last
I will add a few videos later, of subs in action, for those members of my MSN group,who will be able to view them under 'Documents', on my web site, "Art Broder's Models". (This is not my SC members homepage.)
Sorry some of you could not enjoy the SubRegatta in person. Maybe you can have fun with the pics and video clips.
Art
Art Broder
SubCommittee#0060
Art Broder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Art Broder » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:36 pm

Tim, Lee, and others who might want to see 4 of my videos taken at Subregatta '04 :
http://groups.msn.com/ArtBrod....&fc_a=0 .
As mentioned above, you have to join the group (free), to view the videos. Just apply to join, mention "sub video" and I'll approve your membership by e-mail.
Art Broder
SubCommittee#0060
Art Broder
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:43 pm

Fun videos!

I am glad the Outdoor Life Network finally came through. I have been bugging them since last January to cover one of our events. They were supposed to come to a SubRon6 pool event in Feb, but had to cancel because their underwater video guy wasn't available.

I hope it creates some interest in the hobby.

Edited By TMSmalley on 1090860240
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby wlambing » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:05 pm

Tim,
The TV people, two very pleasant young folks, were from The Outdoor Channel, not OLN. They seemed to really enjoy the event, and, not only contributed to the raffle, but won stuff too!!

Bill
"If you ignore the problem long enough, it will go away. Even flooding stops eventually!"
wlambing
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rcher » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:28 pm

So what do you guys do at these Regattas? Do you have submarine racing? Best of show contests? Obstatle course and multitasking?
Rcher

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:21 am

Bill -
youre right I had a brainfahrt - I work with OLN at the office.

I looked at my Jan 28th post on the SubRon6 forum (pasted below) - and it was definitely the Outdoor Channel "Inside RC" I had been talking to. When they bowed out in Feb, they asked when we had other events coming up.

Tim

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jan 28, 2004
I just received confirmation (see below) from Jayne Romyn, the producer for the Outdoor Channel's TV show "Inside RC", that they will be at the SubRon6 Carmel Pool Run Feb 28 to shoot footage for an upcoming episode on RC submarines.

This will be rather rare national TV exposure for our hobby so bring everything you've got - torpedo launchers Jeff!), video equipped sub (Matt!), unusual boats built of zinc-coated copper (Steve), etc.
Tim

Go to "Inside RC" Outdoor channel website.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi Tim,
Yes we are planning on being there. I'm trying to get the camera situation covered, cause I really want to be sure I can get underwater footage.

best,

Jayne E. Romyn
The Outdoor Channel
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas