Banner Ad 1

Best bowwave video to date - New water cannon on 7ft sub

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby Carcharadon » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:50 pm

This is probably the best bowwave video to date. And it will be the last for awhile I'm taking a break. The first part of the video shows the new water cannon on the 7 ft. sub.

The Nautilus is offshore Mysterious Island and is seen in ramming posture to sink an oncoming ship. A giant predatory seabird crosses in front of the Nautilus and the Nautilus than frightens several of these giant beasts while on a ramming mission.

Hope you enjoy

http://home.comcast.net/~tyourk/719c.mpg
Carcharadon

Postby Captain Nemo » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:22 pm

Tom,

GREAT! :D

I'm gonna call that one a success. All things considered (scale, speed, etc.) I think that looks pretty dern good.

Nobody else has done as much to replicate the bow wave effect in the manner in which it was originally produced, and I think you've finally gotten it.

The ducks add a great touch to the clip, too. Must have thought they were being chased by some kind of angry predatory fish or something. Heh!

How long were you planning on leaving that clip on the internet? If it's going to be up for a while, I'll give it a link on the FREE VIDEO page at VSC.

Well done, Cap'n.

Pat
VULCANIA SUBMARINE: Home of the Nautilus Minisub and 20,000 Leagues Diving Suits
Captain Nemo

Postby Captain Nemo » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:58 pm

Tom,

I couldn't wait. I gave you a link on the FREE VIDEO CLIPS page at VSC. I hope you'll leave the clip on the 'net for a while so people can check it out. Good job, dude!

VBR,

Pat
VULCANIA SUBMARINE: Home of the Nautilus Minisub and 20,000 Leagues Diving Suits
Captain Nemo

Postby Carcharadon » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:04 pm

Hey Pat, thanks. Yeah I think the ducks are pretty funny. The video should be on my web site for a while since I'm not planning anything new in the immediate future. You're welcome to link or copy. The next phase of this would be to video in the dark and put blue green lights shining back at the water flow through the water. Now that would be cool.

Tom
Carcharadon

Postby Captain Nemo » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:49 pm

Tom said:

"The next phase of this would be to video in the dark and put blue green lights shining back at the water flow through the water. Now that would be cool."

Wow, that would be cool. And if there was some way to slow the film down a bit (looks like Disney did that, judging from the way their wave breaks) even mo' betta!

Really lookin' good!

:)
Captain Nemo

Postby Scott T » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:14 pm

EXCELLENT!
Good job on the Wave.

Scott
Scott T
SubCommittee Member

Postby Carcharadon » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:27 am

Captain Nemo wrote:Pat said

And if there was some way to slow the film down a bit (looks like Disney did that, judging from the way their wave breaks) even mo' betta!

I made a short video clip showing the bowwave effect in slow-motion. With limited space on my web site I had to delete the web page for the 50th anniversary Disney Nautilus dust cover. You may have to play it twice for it to fully load.

http://home.comcast.net/~tyourk/slow3.mpg

Edited By Carcharadon on 1092314522
Carcharadon

Postby Bob the Builder » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:17 am

Cool.

You definiitely need to do that again at night with some green lights...
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Captain Nemo » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:20 am

:cool: Heh! Alll-right!!!

Pat
Captain Nemo

Return to Television and Movie Submarines