I finally got around to taking some pics of the very slow progress of my U-253. I got the hull together with the upper pressure hull kit and pieced the brass deck togther. I plan on using the metal deck pieces from Eduard on the bow and stern sections. I also plan on using the Eduard kit for the other details on the deck. You'll see that I sanded the areas on the deck where I had the Modelbrass details. I found them too thick and not accurately detailed unlike the Eduard.
The upper pressure hull is nice. But I found the mid section to be a little sway back and the pieces didn't quite match up with each other. Not that it matters since they'll be covered up anyway. It does give the boat a nice weight. I did add the conning tower to it and the housing for the sky 'scope, plus the ammunitions container. I didn't add the missing aft torpedo loading hatch. I think it may have not been there in the first place because you couldn't see it if it was there.
The brass deck is great. The attention to detail is superb. This is the only deck with the correct scale flood slots out there. It's a little bit of a pain to shimmy it and piece it together, but it's well worth it.