Banner Ad 1

Skipjack w/WTC & Electronics- Not For Sale

Have any sub 'stuff' to sell or trade?

Skipjack w/WTC & Electronics- Not For Sale

Postby GRR » Sat May 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Long out-of production 1/96 D&E Skipjack kit with D&E WTC and electronics purchased from from "Atomic Subs". Includes a speed controller, failsafe, and pitch controller as shown in the photos. Also includes a "Deep Sea Designs" Skipjack drawing, a 7.2V nicad battery, and a brass propellor upgrade. All cast resin and white metal fittings are also included. Everything in this package is brand new and unused. This is a perfect "beginners kit", as all stern linkages and WTC cradles were pre-installed and the hull is already primed for painting. Many holes are already opened-up, the indexing lips are installed, and the upper and lower hull halves are pre-joined, minimal work will be required to get this sub in the water. The kit also includes a comprehensive instruction booklet detailing how to assemble, paint, trim, operate, and adjust the model. Just add your radio and some propel and you are ready to go. Please note that when I received the kit, there was a small crack in the upper hull near the attachment screw. I applied some CA to the area to prevent further damage, but a layer of glass cloth, some "Evercoat ", and some minor sanding will be required to properly reinforce and repair the crack. The last two photos show the crack, it is hairline and ~1-1/8" long and resulted in flaking of the primer next to the screw hole. The rest of the kit and contents are in "mint" condition. Asking $675.00 plus shipping or best offer. Paypal users add 3% to cover the service charges. Note that the date on the photos is incorrect, the pics were taken on 5/21/10.

Last edited by GRR on Fri May 28, 2010 6:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
GRR

Re: New 1/96 D&E Skipjack w/WTC & Electronics $675.00

Postby eckloss » Sun May 23, 2010 4:28 pm

would you be interested in selling the wtc or the electronics separate?
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Postby GRR » Mon May 24, 2010 12:27 pm

I would be willing to split up the package if both parts were sold at the same time. I'm not looking to make additional money on seperate sales, but will not split up the package if I don't have commitments from two parties to buy both "halves" of the package =$675.00 + shipping + paypal fee.
GRR

Postby GRR » Tue May 25, 2010 9:47 am

Package price reduced to $600.00+shipping+Paypal fee.
GRR

Postby GRR » Wed May 26, 2010 9:49 am

This combo is no longer for sale
GRR

Return to SubSwap