Banner Ad 1

D&E 212 kit for sale

Have any sub 'stuff' to sell or trade?

D&E 212 kit for sale

Postby SteveNeill » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:21 pm

I originally made the masters to this kit and sold some kits. Then I sent the masters to David Merriman who intern gave them to Brian Stark who did a masterful job of retooling and scribing the masters.

I sent these masters to David who had done so many nice things for me in the past for him to do with what he pleased as I felt I owed him the favor. Brian always said he'd send me a kit and he did that. Thanks so much Brian.

But I will never get to building it as I sold my original long ago and no longer own the BigDave cylinder he built custom for it. This is a great ruining small sub. David made a great tail group for it that's basically ready to go

Great work on the kit guys.

So it's up for sale to fund another project of mine. Make me an offer and out it goes Monday. PayPal preferred. 200 or best offer.

Steve

Type 212 German Submarine

Need Assistance? Click "Chat Now" to chat with a Live Operator.

Chat Now No Thanks!

Heres' the Details from the site on the model:

Model Dimensions

Length 23"
Beam 2.87"
Model comes with
GRP Hull
Dive Planes
Rudder
Propeller
Sub-Driver saddles
Sub-driver: Prod SD-U212 or in kit form SD-U212K

Quantity Product Code Name Price
DEU212 D&E U212 German Submarine Model $399.00

And some pictures. There's some water drops still on the surface because I washed the PVA off the hull to better see the details. The entire hull has every single detail the full size boat has. Hard to show as the hull is unpainted.

And some video of my original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp7LpU_Mcsk

SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Re: D&E 212 kit for sale

Postby SteveNeill » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Sold.

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby STARK » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Good to see you got the model Steve, and thank you for the kind words!

Thanks to Dave you got her!, I was just the middle man here, and you would have seen it sooner but I am just awful on sending out stuff!!! Dave gave me that back in January, man the time and the story of this little model what a tale it could tell ay mate.

Brian
What one Man can do, You can do too!

http://forum.model-marina.com/
STARK

Postby SteveNeill » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Brian it couldn't have come at a better time! I just had to go to the dentist and get 3 teeth pulled and I have no insurance. I was in terrible pain and a few pay checks away from doing much about it. Had them pulled yesterday and man do I feel better.

Anyway that was that other project.

Well tell David thanks very much and it's appreciated from both of you. Damn good job on the retool and then some. The scribing is outstanding!

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubSwap