Banner Ad 1

desparatley seeking sturgeon thor kit

Have any sub 'stuff' to sell or trade?

Postby boatbuilder1 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:05 am

hey I desparately need a sturgeon kit from thor with in the next 30 days please get a hol dof me or post here
preferably email me

andrsnhaus@peoplepc.com
charlie

Time is a fleeting idea of man's invention.
its all relative
boatbuilder1

Postby WL Upshaw/Scale Shipyard » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:27 am

Chuck:

The Scale Shipyard now produces this kit.
I can have one ready for you in the required time.

Fiberglass hull
Cast resin Sail, and sail planes, rear planes and rudders, anchor and bulkheads.

Cast Metal scopes and yokes.

$320.00 + S&H
Sorry, I do not make a prop for this boat, you should be able to get this from Prop Shop.

W.L. Upshaw
W.L. Upshaw
The Scale Shipyard
www.scaleshipyard.com
Largest Selection of quality fiberglass model warship & submarine hulls.
WL Upshaw/Scale Shipyard

Postby SSN22 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:20 am

Lee,

Are you producing Matt Thor's boats now?

Or are you referring to your 1/96 Archerfish kti?

Thanks

John
SSN22

Postby ThorDesign » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:45 pm

Lee has kindly asked that I address this so I will gladly do so. Lee purchased the molds, patterns and rights to the kit line that Thor Design & Development (old Engineered Specialties) manufactured from 1991-1998. This line includes the original Sturgeon from 1991, the original Alfa from 1992, The original Los Angeles from 1994, the original-prelaunch SSN21 from 1995. He can quickly produce any one of these kits that you desire. Lee and I have discussed the format of the kits at length which may or may not include all of the fittings that were previously supplied. I am certain that the quality will certainly be on par with the kits that Lee already supplies, so there should be no concerns in this department.

Atomic Subs is producing the ThorDesign Permit, the ThorDesign Alfa, the ThorDesign Seawolf, and the original D&E miniatures SkipJack in 1/96. All of these kits were patterned and released between early 2002 and 2004 when I returned to the business.. I will still do the glass work on his kits, but Dave Merriman and others will support him supplying the other trimmings as he develops his business. The kit line will include all of the fittings and trimmings as before, and Lyle has some ideas of his own for improvement.

I hope this clears up any confusion. Thanks.
ThorDesign

Return to SubSwap