Banner Ad 1

For Sale- 1/72 Scale Sturgeon - posting this for a good friend of mine

Have any sub 'stuff' to sell or trade?

Postby sam reichart » Thu May 20, 2004 8:43 am

I'm posting this ad for a good friend; for some reason he has been unable to enter the post using his ID...here goes:
Nick has modified his ad...this is the revision:

Ace R/C Nautical Commander 7 channel radio system $250.00
MCD 8 channel expander already installed $110.00
MCD Super Minicon speed controller $80.00

Whole Package--$200, or best offer

1/72nd scale STURGEON by Manta--I forget what I paid for it. It needs some glass work. But all the linkages are in (including the sailplane) and the shaft bearing is sweet. I'll include 2 handmade brass props. Just make an offer. I need to get rid of this stuff.
Buyers will need to arrange their own shipping.

nick.meis@inet-systems.net
Home--770-732-1833
Cell--404-434-3163

NOTES
I built this boat as a test platform for several hair-brained ideas I had back in 1997. I wanted to install a video camera for a periscope view, which is now pretty much a common thing. I was also developing a passive sonar system based on the same transmitting technology as the periscope, but I ran out of wifely patience. The bow of the hull has two large holes where the hydrophones were to be mounted.
The shaft bearing is my own design and is very quiet. The mounting hardware for the pressure cylinder isolates it from the hull. The u-joint on the shaft also isolates the motor vibration from the hull. This may not be important now, unless you want to try that passive sonar idea again, but it works!
The endcaps on the pressure hull are my design. The aft cap has a built-in 8:1 reduction system. The motor will need to be replaced, but the 500 is cheap; around $15 the last I looked. The forward cap has the pop valves for the ballast system. The miniservos for the control surfaces will need to be remounted, but they still function. Three scratches on the top of the cylinder are not as bad as they look. It's still watertight.
This is a full package and will be sold as is. I will also handle the shipping charge for ground rate up to 500 miles from Atlanta. Any further than that will need to be negotiated.

For further information, email me at:
nick.meis@inet.systems.net

Edited By sam reichart on 1087051682
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Postby sam reichart » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:00 pm

Boat and radio are sold. Nick still has the depth keeper and the angle keeper if anyone is still interested.

Sam
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubSwap