Banner Ad 1

TYPE XXIII IN 1/32 SCALE anyone interested?

Have any sub 'stuff' to sell or trade?

Postby dhffr » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:31 pm

I am planning on building a type XXIII in 1/32 scale. Does anyone think they would be interested in this as a product. I know there are a ton of vacformed 32nd parallel models out there. I am planning on doing these in epoxy. A big hurdle I have is that in 1/32 You can only use a 3 inch tube. If I were to bump it up to 1/30, We could squeeze a 3.5 into the hull. Does the odd scale turn people off sometimes? The hulls I sell are the basic shapes without scribing or detail but I will also have the appendages and some cast detail parts. I am also seriously considering a set of endcaps, tube and cradle be included with the hull. The 32nd parallel model is an awesome regatta and traveling boat. The turning radius is also very nice. Give me your opinions. I would also be willing to sell the tooling to someone who wants to lay them up themself

Darrin
dhffr
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:13 pm

To help keep all the comments together, I've locked this thread. Please help Darrin by providing your feedback and questions to his posting in the General forum in a posting of the same title.

-many thanks,

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubSwap