Banner Ad 1

possible price for Type23 u-boat

Have any sub 'stuff' to sell or trade?

Postby wellington » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:10 am

I have a 32nd parrallel type 23 u-boat built that I may sell. It has parts from accurate armour for the conning tower and deck fittings. It is also configured for a wtc-3. What might be a fair price to ask?it was the deluxe kit from 32nd and I believe I still have many of the parts for the torpedo system kicking around.
Thanks in advance
Dave Goddard
wellington

Postby sam reichart » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:50 pm

Dave-
I've been waiting for someone to speak up...but so far no takers. ??? ??? Here's my questions, since you asked:

what parts form the AA kit do you have? Detail pieces such as bollards, cleats, or is it most of the interior of the tower?

When you say it's set up for a WTC, do you mean that the original ballast system is removed and there's seats in the model for a WTC3? Because trying to pull the old 32nd P innards out of that model is a b****, and is tough to do without tearing the ABS hull.

Is it basically ready to drop a cylinder into it and then go? (are all the linkages set up?) Did you leave the linkage for the rudder external?

The original kit sold somewhere in the $350 area, didn't it? (especially with the torpedo setup).

Leave some answers (or post some pics...) and let's take it from there....

Sam
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Postby wellington » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:16 pm

Sam
I have all the bollards and cleats from AA. As well I have the narrow deck walkway on it from AA. The tower has some AA pieces and the lower part of the rear tower is the actual AA piece hollowed out and some flood holes drilled. It is ready for wtc-3. I already use one in it. The rudder is external. It is painted and weathered and has three crew in the tower. THey are from my Robbe type VII and you can find pictures of this boat in the picture archives. I will get some pictures of my type 23 and send or post them. The ballast system from 32nd is gone because of the wtc-3 placement but I do have most of the torpedo system.Basically the boat is RTR but will need some tweaking and balancing.
Cheers
Dave
wellington

Return to SubSwap