Banner Ad 1

No Longer Available- Sherline CNC Lathe w/DRO and tooling

Have any sub 'stuff' to sell or trade?

No Longer Available- Sherline CNC Lathe w/DRO and tooling

Postby GRR » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Sherline CNC long bed lathe and has a 3 jaw sherline chuck, 3/8" jacobs chuck in tailstock, tailstock live center, sherline quick change toolpost, Sherline DRO for doing hand turning, a xylotex CNC control box, and steppers with resonance dampeners. I also have a set of indexed carbide tuning tools from IMService as well. The xylotex unit has a 3 axis board, but only has 2 cables coming out of it. For 3 axis control of a mill an additional stepper motor and cable would be needed. The lathe is in excellent condition, is free of slop, and has never been crashed.

Looking to get 600.00 for the works, pickup only. I live in Palos Heights, IL and am willing to drive up to 1 hr if required to meet someone 1/2 way to complete the transaction. If I need to ship it will go to ebay, as the Sherline DRO is about 400.00 and the xylotex box is another 400.

Last edited by GRR on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRR

Re: Sherline CNC Lathe w/DRO and tooling

Postby GRR » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:25 pm

I've received a couple of questions regarding the lathe which I should have mentioned in my original post above.
The lathe is a modified Sherline Model 4400 with imperial leadscrews. I installed the digital readout for hand turning and the steppers and xylotex control box for cnc turning. I also made resonance dampeners for the steppers to preevent missing or lost steps during cnc machining work. The lathe has the Sherline headstock/tailstock riser blocks as does the quick-change toolpost to increase the swing over the lathe bed.

Lathe is no longer available
GRR

Return to SubSwap