Banner Ad 1

Watch This Space

Local Chapter covering greater Los Angeles and all of Southern California.

Re: Watch This Space

Postby BoomerFunker » Thu May 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Must be a cold day.

Ba-dum Ching!

Thanks folks, I'm here all week....
BoomerFunker
SubCommittee Member

Postby salmon » Sat May 31, 2014 9:57 am

Jeff,
Congratulations. The article was a fun read, but the patch......that is a work of art. When is the next gathering?
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:55 am

Patch? What patch? You meant the emblem or logo, of course. :wink:

Thanks so much, Tom. Funny you should ask: I've just broached the "next group get together" topic with Steve Neill. Other than you, he has to travel the farthest (as a "local"), so as far as I'm concerned he gets first dibs on picking some potential dates. We'll see where that goes and get something posted soon. Thanks for asking!

Later,
JeffP
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby salmon » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:28 am

Sorry, words got mixed in my head. Emblem, logo, or graphic works too. Either way it looks good!
Look forward to the next gathering ( if I can make it).
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Tom,

Another big wink.

Hey, we'll make SURE you can make it. What Saturdays a few/several weeks out might make a good Run date for you? We can try to coordinate this with Steve. I also invite others who follow this thread to chime in with dates which might work for them. We won't be able to please everyone all the time, of course. Folks have lots of weekend commitments; I know I do. But we're an official chapter now, and I'm really hoping for some semi-regular gatherings in Anaheim we can all enjoy.

Anyone?

JeffP
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby salmon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 am

There is not a weekend open in June. We bought a new house and are fix'n it up to get ready to move in.
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:27 am

Congrats, Tom! What a lot of work's ahead of YOU! (Good luck; but that's some of the most satisfying work there is!)

I expect early summer plans will make June weekends difficult for many. Then there's the 4th of July weekend where most have family or travel plans as well. Then there's the Regatta in Colorado. Perhaps the most realistic tack for a most-inclusive local Group Run would be late July—that's seven or eight weeks out. People could make sure their calendars are clear with THAT much notice. Meanwhile, onesie-twosies could still go on in the interim, plus folks could get time to finish or fine-tune projects, and/or prep for the Regatta.

Any general thoughts in agreement or contrast?

Steve, if you're reading, what do YOU think?

JeffP
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveNeill » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Wow we are a Subron finally! Thanks so much to Jeff Porteous for starting and organizing our group!

Got my official letter of in statement today along with two very fine Subron LA patches. Lets rock!

Steve

SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby Ralph --- SSBN 598 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:11 pm

Just to let you know, Jeff, the dead dog that delivers mail out here...made it.

Thanks so much
Ralph---SSBN 598
Ralph --- SSBN 598

Postby JefftyToo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:47 pm

My pleasure, guys. This group is supposed to be all about having...FUN. :D

JeffP

P.S. A bunch of those patches went out on Saturday. Others should watch their snailmailboxes too.

P.P.S. to Steve N.: Be sure to check out the new SCR. There's good coverage of the Fun Run in April you had to miss. Thought you and Mary would like to see pix of the site, the water, the official public announcement of our new SubRon, etc.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:49 pm

All right! Got my SubRonLA membership letter and patch in the mail today. I be an oh-fish-ul member!

Thanks, JeffP!

-JeffL

p.s. It finally dawned on me why this nifty looking chapter logo looks a bit familiar....all the logo is missing is the searchlights! :mrgreen:

Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:50 pm

Nice try, JeffL. But the Hollywood-sign-with-searchlights idea is a frequently used illustration in assorted ads around these parts, so that sort of approach is something I'd been inspired to mimic for some time. (Sorry, 1941's one-sheet need not apply, but I humbly thank you for the compliment!) The REAL "aha" moment came for me when I saw a very similar design used on a t-shirt my wife brought home from one of her California state speech therapists' conventions!

8)
JeffP
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:56 am

JeffP,

...I wasn't implying that the 1941 poster was your inspiration, rather that it was why the SubRonLA logo looks familiar to me.

-JeffL
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:37 am

Roger that, buddy. I pretty much figured that's what you meant.

Leave it to a teachers' convention t-shirt to give me a decent idea... :)
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby liftmys10 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:00 pm

Sweet maybe this will encourage me to finally start on my Revell gato. Any suggestions on which WTC to use?
liftmys10

PreviousNext

Return to SubRonLA