Banner Ad 1

Miniature Rotary Select Valve For Hydrualics or Neomatics

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Miniature Rotary Select Valve For Hydrualics or Neomatics

Postby DEEPDIVER » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:00 am

Hello Fellow Captains I have been busy as always constantly searching the Internet for products that can be used or adapted to be used in our hobby.
Here is one very interesting valve that I am employing in my Subs.
Its made by Beswick Engineering Co. Inc. and the price is 149.00$ plus shipping.
Although a bit steap it is well wort it.Very small,the one pictured is the 3 port vertion.
By adapting a servo to the input shaft of the valve and once all conected with the hydraulic lines and gear pump a single Rc chanel can do the work of 6 individuual hydraulic functions,actuly 12 since no reversing valve is needed in my sytem as are in most sytems the push then pull is done by a 3 position valve.In the last pic you can see the 3 position valve and the nematic Tecknick ram, and above that the t gear box and the servo activated 3 way valve,this is only a sample of what can be created by Legos!!
With mine I simply reverse the pump and the circuit works in reverse,and I use regular seryinges of different sizes as the hydrulic rams.
Works like a dream, slowly or fast depending on pump power or orifice size,and stronger than even the most powerfull servos.
Imagine you had to make linear shaftting for the thrugh hull seals ,well with hydraulics like mine its posible , and readily available and those seryinges are very cheap and well made.The very small ones I have found to not work very well due to the diamiter of the the 1 cm vessel.
The best sizes are from 10 to the very lage 30 cm plastic seryinges with the slip on tips not the nidle locking type.
The hosses are sillicon large fuel line and the liquid is water and a few drops of antifreez, to lubricate the pump and rams.
The mechanics to make the hydraulics work are the Lego Robotic components known as "Techniks" found at the world wide network of Bricklink.com at very reasonable prices.
So far I have made the missle doors on the Typhoon and the masts operational by the above sytem ,it all works in water and will never rust and every component can be replaced.
With this valve you can select from 2 to 6 ports when you order,be sure to make up a company name so that you can order from them.And a host of fittings can be added as well as detents and one way internal valves.Check out the the rest of there products ,its a blast!!

DEEPDIVER

Valve Part #

Postby DEEPDIVER » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:59 am

Here is the info needed to order the rotary sellect valve with no dettents and no non return valve and brass barbed fittings. SV2-6-1332.Then some examples of Lego gear boxes and a mini gear pump.:D

DEEPDIVER

Postby Rogue Sub » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:12 am

you need to make a sig that says "The LEgo Maniac"

Intresting work david. When you gonna finish this thing so i can see it run at devils den. Bring your wifes cooking too :lol:
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Nuke Power sounds good!

Postby DEEPDIVER » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:20 pm

:lol: Ill let all know the progress of this machine and you bet Ill bring the cook!

Thanks Dave still brewing lego related name
DEEPDIVER

Postby liftmys10 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:14 am

Thats freakin awesome. I was a HUGE fan of lego technics. I have a neumatic Back Hoe made in 1989 by Lego that i bought from Germany. I absolutely love it. I was wondering how i can make a pump motor to feed air pressure instead of pumping it. So this motor that you are using pumps air? How fast can it suppy the air? And does it bleed off into atmosphere when the motor is pumping or does the motor only come on when you open the valves? Very interesting.
liftmys10

Return to New Product Announcements