Banner Ad 1

Chinese Sub Kits

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Postby Bob the Builder » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:41 am

I received the following email this last weekend from a "Feng" of China. He emailed my personal email address from my website (www.rc-sub.com) to tout his new "Seawolf" class submarine kits(and I use that name very loosely... check the photos on his site!). There was, a while back, a lot of very hearfelt and hot debate about the ethics of Chinese manufacturers using "borrowed" technology from US manufacturers and then marketing them as either their own stuff or unauthorized knock offs. I'm making absolutely no comments regarding the ethics of what he's offering, but I thought that I'd post this here as I've noticed quite a few topics regarding cheap sub kits.

Well... here's your cheap:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Feng, I am the manager of Arkmodel Tech Co Ltd (China). I am very pleased to make your acquaintance and to announce to you a brand new and very exciting addition to my range of products, an excellent radio control (r/c) model submarine, available very soon, for which I am now taking advanced orders.

Being a senior toy / model wholesaler, I am certain that you will be impressed with its features, options and low cost, making this superb model submarine something that I am certain we will be discussing further in the near future.

We developed this model entirely in house over some years and it has many advanced and unique features compared with other (r/c) submarines available today:

* Construction is mainly injection moulded ABS or Nylon, not expensive FRP. All other components shaped by CNC.
* High technology pump jet propeller, as fitted to USS Sea Wolf and HMS Vanguard, no normal screws here!
* Advanced X – type cruciform stabilizer and rudder, complete with integrated circuit (ic) mixer system.
* Full function, fully assembled static gear pump tank less ballast system, requiring only power supply.
* Ideal compact size for easy transportation, yet big enough to sail in the pond.
* Advanced design and very high level of prefabrication takes just a few hours, even by junior model makers, no carving, shaping or filing required!
* Superb illustrated instructions, written in English and German by UK consultants.
* Support website with many FAQ’s.

Please take a look at the link below for further details and photographs.

http://www.arkmodel.com/c7606_e.htm

I trully believe with great certainty that this (r/c) model submarine is ready to take the (r/c) submarine market to new levels of success and mutual profit, in the same way that model pioneers such as Tamiya did with the introduction of its (r/c) model cars over twenty years ago!

If you have any questions, contact me anytime. I look forward to your reply and shall be pleased to quote prices and delivery dates for your order!

Best regards,

Yours sincerely,

Feng.

I think the kits start at $250US and they have turnkey models for $500US.
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Tom Dougherty » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:29 pm

I think two quotes; one from the communication and one from the website, says it all:

"no normal screws here"!
"Kit and below model may be a few unlikeliness"

The kit claims to be a model of their latest SSN??! Certainly it is NOT the Seawolf.

Thanks for posting, Bob.
Tom Dougherty
Researcher for Project Azorian
Project Azorian Documentary: http://www.projectjennifer.at/
Project Azorian Book: http://www.usni.org/store/catalog-fall-2012/project-azorian
Tom Dougherty
SubCommittee Member

Postby Gerwalk » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:14 pm

I like the Romeo! (it seems that they are planning other chinesse subs hulls too)
Pablo
Gerwalk

Postby Slats » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:49 am

???

Edited By Slats on 1149591388
John Slater

Sydney, Australia
Slats

Postby David H » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:58 am

Hmmm,

Interesting.

I have yet to see any photo's whatso ever of the newest Chinese Type "093 " SSN. So I don't know if this squat looking little thing bears any resemblance, however.

The Number 402 on the side is the number of the Second Type 091 Han that was commissioned in the mid '70's.

Also the chinese have never built a boat with X fins. This is new.

regards,

David hughes. :)
"Baldrick ,you would'nt recognise a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced on top a harpsichord singing "Subtle plans are here again!!" Blackadder.
David H

Postby ARKMODEL » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:08 am

Hello everybody,
This kit base on a legend stealth China nuclear submarine,the name is "DRAGON SHARK",not "SEAWOLF".
I believe it's a basic kit for a junior to learn static diving sub.
This sub is very fast almost out of control when I play it first time.the pump jet is powerful.
But she has X rudder control is very high efficiency,the turn round radius is very small.
If you need more info,can contact online technical support:
MSN Message(arkmodel@hotmail.com)
Large scale shipmodels(warship,submarine,Tank and so on )

Email :sales_2@hooben.com
ARKMODEL

Postby Albion » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:13 am

ARKMODEL wrote:Hello everybody,
This kit base on a legend stealth China nuclear submarine,the name is "DRAGON SHARK",not "SEAWOLF".
This sub is very fast almost out of control when I play it first time.the pump jet is powerful.
But she has X rudder control is very high efficiency,the turn round radius is very small.

so is it modelled on a real Sub?
Albion

Postby Gerwalk » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:47 pm

Albion wrote:
ARKMODEL wrote:Hello everybody,

so is it modelled on a real Sub?

Hmmm. I don't think so: legend stealth submarine he said.

I think he used legend as "a story about mythical or supernatural beings or events " he should have used "legendary" or even ficticious.
Pablo
Gerwalk

Postby ARKMODEL » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:07 pm

features in cover of instruction
Large scale shipmodels(warship,submarine,Tank and so on )

Email :sales_2@hooben.com
ARKMODEL

Postby aquadeep » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:53 pm

:D Hello evryone I have cheked out Arkmodels site and products and am in contact with Mr.Feng.I am impressed with there product line and exceptional quality.The Shark Dragon kit comes so complete and largely asembled with high quality castings of nylon.The pumpjet is made of nylon,as is the rear cone and bulk heads.Brass bushings on all fin shafts,stainless steel shaft and stufing box.Plus the dive system, main motor,X fin ic mixer and even a toolkit for assemly and a cd rom! All for $250.00 Is that a great deal or what!Dont ever uner estimate the Chinese,this product is not a cheap knok off copy,but a fine example engineering and built very well.I have ordered one and will give a review shortly.This kit has the potential to bring more people that have a limited knowledge of this hobby and enjoy it at a non gauging price.Happy sailing Crazy Ivan
"I like submarine comanders ,they don't have time for bull!!" and
"Don't tell me it can't be done!"

President Roosevelt

Dave Amur Ship Yard
aquadeep

Postby Gerwalk » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:57 am

What type of dive system comes with the sub?
Pablo
Gerwalk

Postby magpie » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:06 am

Hi Gerwalk
Their site has videos of the lot and lots of diagrams
etc.
http://www.arkmodel.com/Frameset-1e.htm
think it's a type of RCABS with a bladder and pump. Going by the video, it works very well indeed! Quite impressive infact.
Jason
Subs Rock!
In Australia.
They roll too.
http://magpieyachts.com
magpie

Postby Art Broder » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:44 am

Site description of ballast system mentions "water bag and reverse pump", so it is not RCABS, which pumps air into bladder and releases it back into WTC.
Art Broder
SubCommittee#0060
RCABS- It's easy to control your own bladder!
Art Broder
SubCommittee Member

Return to New Product Announcements