Banner Ad 1

New product - Dog Bone Stretch

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Postby Bigdave » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:10 pm

I just finished testing a new product that was sent to me by Al at Ships-n-things. It is called the Dog Bone Stretch, and is used to extend a Dumas dog bone connector for there U-joints. It is a very complete kit with enough parts to build two six inch dog bones if required. It comes with four ends four roll pins a 12 section of brass tubing and even a drill bit for drilling the roll pin hole. One end comes already installed on the tube, then you cut to length and install the other end. Very simple, and it works very well. This allows you to easily extend the distance between the WTC and the prop shaft. This is a great idea. I have one photo showing the kit, and one showing the completed dog bone in my XV11b. BD. :cool:ImageImage

Edited By Bigdave on 1134087208
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby U812 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:20 pm

Cool!

Steve
U812

Postby Sub culture » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:28 pm

Very nice. Now if they did one in stainless...............

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Albion » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:46 am

plus they have the added advantage that any offset in the shafts is lessoned (is that a word, it is now :) ) by the extra length of the spacers
Albion

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:06 am

Being a cheapskate (a "shanty Irishman!") , I make my own! You can buy brass (or stainless) tube that is the same ID as the OD of a Dumas Dogbone.

Cut the dogbone in half, epoxy each half into the ends of the tube. (Rough up the inside of the tube and the outside of the dogbone halves) Drill a hole through the tube and put a piece of brass or stainless wire to lock it in place. NOTE - put the ears of the dogbone so they are rotated 90 degrees from each other in the ends of the tube. :laugh:

Edited By TMSmalley on 1134475663
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby sam reichart » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:12 pm

TMSmalley wrote:Being a cheapskate (a "shanty Irishman!") , I make my own! You can buy brass (or stainless) tube that is the same ID as the OD of a Dumas Dogbone.

Cut the dogbone in half, epoxy each half into the ends of the tube. (Rough up the inside of the tube and the outside of the dogbone halves) Drill a hole through the tube and put a piece of brass or stainless wire to lock it in place. NOTE - put the ears of the dogbone so they are rotated 90 degrees from each other in the ends of the tube. :laugh:

I did what Tim's describing 10 years ago in my 1/48th scale DeBoer's Sculpin hull, except I used aluminum for the shaft, and didn't pin them. Nice to have the pins available in the commercial one; I always worried a little about the epoxy giving way!
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Return to New Product Announcements