Banner Ad 1

Thor Design dealing directly once more - Atomic Subs onto bigger and better...

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Postby Bob the Builder » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:22 pm

I just found out that Lyle got a big promotion of some kind and as such will not be able to handle the workload of managing the distribution of Thor Design hulls. The following has been posted to Lyle's website:

Thank you for your interest in ThorDesign Model Submarines.
This site is offline at this time. For more information on the ThorDesign product line, please visit www.thordesign.com.
Thank You.

ThorDesign products can now be ordered directly from Matt, once again, from www.thordesign.com. Matt posted the following on the rcgroups boards:

Originally Posted by ThorDesign
Guys,

ThorDesign no longer sells through Atomic Subs. Lyle got himself a much deserved promotion, so he really did not have the time to do this properly any longer either. So, I am back to dealing direct again. Yes, I do have a 4 week delivery time, but I do not think you will find a higher quality model out there. I am sure Dave will confirm that. He helped out a very great deal with the development of all of the ThorDesign kits. Dave and I are working out the details to retool the 2 LA kits and Sturgeon kits completely from scratch.

Matt
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Atomic Subs » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:02 pm

Hello All,

Yep, it's true, I got a promotion of sorts. I moved from the Production Shop (building boats) to the Graphic Design Shop (making people feel good about buying boats). I am now the Marketing Manager for the company I work for. Duties include involvment in marketing of two boat lines with a total of 14 models and one of the dealerships that sells the boats. Some of the more interesting things I now do are Ad development, Web Design and Company PR. So, I had to let something go for the time being. But, Atomic Subs will not fade away! My Good Friend, Erv Crosby, will be utilizing the Atomic Subs web site to promote some of his projects. Erv and I are also working with Dave Merriman on two additional projects for the future. I am very thankful for the opprotunity to work with Matt and look forward to his input in the future!

Thanks for your support!

Lyle Jansma - Atomic Subs
Lyle Jansma
www.atomicsubs.com
Atomic Subs

Postby ThorDesign » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:03 pm

Congrats, Lyle!

Edited By ThorDesign on 1123761437
ThorDesign

Postby Tommydeen » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:10 am

Matt whats wrong with the LA and Sturgeon kits? I bought a sturgeon from you and it is sweet! whats next a micro nuc
plant to power each kit :D

Tom
Tommydeen
SubCommittee Member

Postby Desert Boat » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:00 am

Tom ... I don't believe there was anything wrong with the old Thor produced Sturgeon SSN-637 (I had preordered one but had some finance problems and couldn't go through with the deal) or the LA Flight 2 or 3 kits Matt used to produce. It is my understanding, through some sort of aquisition, the Scale Shipyard now owns all the masters, tooling and rights to those kits. Same for the Seawolf SSN-21 kits. But I think Matt has another one of these kits out now. I believe Lee also has the original hull and some molding for the Permit as well and one other, but I can't remember which one. I think Lee has has this stuff for quite some time now and you may want to contact him at the Scale Shipyard about these kits. I'm sure he can supply them to you if you're looking for one.
Ray Agee
SCM #2551
Cactus Navy
Tempe, Arizona
Lord ... Shield us from the UltraSensitive!
Desert Boat

Postby ThorDesign » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:05 am

I talk too much...

Edited By ThorDesign on 1123761385
ThorDesign

Postby Novagator » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:24 am

Keep up the good work Matt, your models are beautiful. I just need to find the same time you are looking for so I can finish my Alfa.

It would have been done long ago except for not be able to find a radio that will work with the electronics.
John Cottingham
Sub Committee Member #2721
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby Tommydeen » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:02 am

you said the magic words Matt..1/48 Gato!!!!! keep up the great work.

Tom
Tommydeen
SubCommittee Member

Postby Desert Boat » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:27 am

Matt ... what did you mean "... I Talk too much..." . I thought you gave a very good accounting of what you've done and plan to do. Inquiring minds want to know!
Ray Agee
SCM #2551
Cactus Navy
Tempe, Arizona
Lord ... Shield us from the UltraSensitive!
Desert Boat

Postby ThorDesign » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:01 pm

See what I mean...I talk too much.

Edited By ThorDesign on 1123882817
ThorDesign

Postby Tommydeen » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:51 pm

That whiskey to.. Matt.. ahhh ruskie cold war deisel boats!

Tom
Tommydeen
SubCommittee Member

Postby ThorDesign » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:00 pm

Tom,

I really do not know what to do with that ugly thing. Although the masters were beautifully done and it appears to be very accurate, I do not think there is much of a market for it.
ThorDesign

Postby eckloss » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:16 am

Just my own 2 cents...

Ugly or not, it is something DIFFERENT. Something new, I believe, would be welcome.
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Postby ThorDesign » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:36 pm

:)
Last edited by ThorDesign on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThorDesign

Postby Casey Thrower » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:43 pm

Would ABS be any cheaper? I understand that Dumas is getting away from anymore fiberglass hulls (except older kits)and going strictly to ABS.
Casey Thrower SC Member #1675

"Oh Lord, Thy sea is so large and my boat is so small"
Casey Thrower

Next

Return to New Product Announcements