Banner Ad 1

Engel Fleetboat Bow Plane Retracts - Bow Plane Retract Mechanism

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Postby jaschwink » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:04 pm

Alexander Engel has recently added a bow plane retract mechanism in 1:48 for their Gato Fleetboat. It is an ingenious arrangement of a motor, switches, gears, a belt drive, and cardan shaft outrigger device. The planes themselves are nice resin castings. I have sent Engel some English suggestions on the instructions, as my mechanism had only a German set. Haven't built it yet, but it looks like something that should work well. It has an interlock so the planes will rig in only when they are horizontal fore and aft.

See them at:

http://engel-modellbau.de/2002_en...._id=658

As info.

jaschwink
jaschwink

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:44 pm

Hey Jim -
This might be a good add-on to guys who have non- Engle 1/48 Gatos too. Hope you have her ready by SubRegatta time July 30-31, 2005 in Carmel, Indiana!

(Sorry - I had to take the opportunity for the cheap plug) :laugh:

Tim

Edited By TMSmalley on 1099616596
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby jaschwink » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:51 pm

Tim,

Sorry for the delay in replying, but my computer hard drive did a crash dive, and I'm just now getting things back to normal (except for having lost everything that was on the drive...).

I am hopeful that my big Engel will be all functional by the time of the Carmel SubRegatta. Only 254 more limber holes to file open....... And I have yet to build and install the bow planes, but the mechanism looks great. Typically with my Engel project, there's a bit of engineering to be done as of yet!

Jim S
jaschwink

Return to New Product Announcements