Some of you may remember me, as I used to be fairly active on the forum, but have been away from it for many months. During that time I have programmed a retro submarine iPad game, inspired by the old coin-op Seawolf.Night Raider
is now available on the App Store, so I thought I'd let you guys know about it since it is submarine related.Description:
You are in command of a Type VII U-Boat hunting convoys at night during WWII. In this retro submarine arcade game, your mission is to sink as many ships as possible within a given time duration.
Night Raider contains 8 different types of ship targets. These include a submerging Submarine, Cargo, Tanker, Carrier, Destroyer, Cruiser, Battleship and PT Boat. All warship targets are modeled after real WWII British warships, including the famed "Vosper" PT Boat. Each ship type moves at a different speed and is worth a different point value. Some ships require multiple hits to sink them. Avoid hitting floating mines, while aiming your torpedos at the ships.
Touch screen control of torpedo launches. A single touch on the screen, both aims and launches a torpedo simultaneously. Your U-Boat has 4 torpedo tubes. There is a short reload delay after every 4 shots.Features:
- 8 different types of ship targets; Cargo, Tanker, Carrier, Submarine, Destroyer, Cruiser, Battleship and PT Boat.
- Each ship target has a unique speed and point value, with some requiring multiple hits.
- Touch screen control of torpedo launches.
- Electro-mechanical style explosion flashes.
- Floating mines which can block your shots.
- Ships sink and disappear under the surface of the ocean in a semi-realistic manner.
- Ocean and "Wolf" sky backdrop artwork.
- Lightning flashes and thunder cracks are both seen and heard during game play.
- High Score and option settings saved locally on user's iPad.
- Options menu including 4 different extended game time score settings.
- Listen to music on your iPod Player while you play by disabling game music in Options Menu.
- High Quality Stereo Sound Effects and Music.
- HD 1024 x 768 graphics.
Note: Night Raider is only compatible with iPad and iPad2. The game will NOT run on iPhones or iPod touches.http://itunes.com/apps/nightraiderhttp://www.celtroniclabs.com/NRGame.html
If anyone on the forum here has an iPad and gets the game, let me know what you think of it..