Banner Ad 1

1/350 USS Seawolf from Bronco, any one built it?

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Postby Seawolf » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:16 am

Hi all, anyone acquired the 1/350 USS Seawolf from Bronco?

how's the accuracy, detail and fittings?
is it good?
thanks
Fiat - Jakarta (Indonesia)
sshhh.... rig ship for ultra silent..........
Seawolf

Postby Mandrake » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:21 pm

I don't have the kit nor do I know anybody who does but I did start a thread about it when it came out a couple of months ago.

From looking at the available pictures on Bronco's own site it appears that is based on the 1/144 Trumpeter kit and thus shares all the associated inaccuracies!

Ofcourse the only other (mainstream?) option is to wait for the mythical Dragon kit, but how longhave we been waiting now???
Mandrake

Postby Seawolf » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:54 am

remembering when I first saw the 'teaser' of upcoming Seawolf 1/350 from Dragon, it seems century ago :)

I got the info of it long before Trumpeter even says there gonna be a 1/144 version of it.

Yesterday, I have a chat with the owner of a local hobby shop, he said that the 1/350 Seawolf is true and in production, but got no info on where this will be released :(
Fiat - Jakarta (Indonesia)
sshhh.... rig ship for ultra silent..........
Seawolf

Postby Mandrake » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:28 am

Did anyone see this inbox review of it yesterday?

http://www.modelwarships.com/reviews....ew.html

Would be interesting to hear peoples opinions of it now we have had a closer look at it.
Mandrake

Postby aeroengineer1 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:03 pm

As has been said many times about this kit, it looks exactly like a rehash of the Trumpeter kit. for its size, I think that anyone with a lathe could hash one out much better. Some of the things that I immediately saw is that it lacks the split planes, it has the errors with the torp tube locations. There are a few other things that it had.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Postby Gerwalk » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:53 pm

Adam has sum up the deffects we have been discussing since the very first time we found this kit was coming. One other thing: I disagree wit the reviewer when he says it's a fairly cheap kit. 27.98$ is not cheap at all if you compare it with much better kits from Zvezda or even with the much bieger 1/144 Trumpeter Seawolf (now, that's a fairly cheap kit) with which it shares all the deffects.
Pablo
Gerwalk

Return to Static Modeler