Banner Ad 1

SSN 575 USS Seawolf Drawings

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Postby Yankee Modelworks » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:05 am

Does anyone have any decent drawings of SSN-575 Seawolf ? I find it odd that I can get a full set of drawings of SSN-571 Nautilus, Drydock shots, etc. bit I cannot find anything on USS Seawolf.

Anyone know where I can find a good set of drawings or some drydock shots ?

John Sheridan
Yankee Modelworks
Yankee Modelworks

Postby Boss subfixer » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:07 pm

John,
Did you try the library at the Nautilus museum? They have binders of info on every US sub and they may be able to guide you on where to get the plans your looking for. Thier website has contact numbers for the library.
Don Evans
SCM# 2733

Put your heart into it, well done is better than well said... Ben Franklin
Boss subfixer

Postby Tom Dougherty » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:12 pm

Don, I'm virtually certain that John has checked there. I know he has visited the museum and spent time getting information about some 1950's subs. I tried a while back to write to some SSN 575 crewmembers for information, but no one had any plans or other information. I did get advice, that I passed along, to do the Spec Ops version of the Seawolf, with the 53 foot plug section and the superstructure thrusters....

Edited By Tom Dougherty on 1140027154
Tom Dougherty
Researcher for Project Azorian
Project Azorian Documentary: http://www.projectjennifer.at/
Project Azorian Book: http://www.usni.org/store/catalog-fall-2012/project-azorian
Tom Dougherty
SubCommittee Member

Postby Yankee Modelworks » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:48 am

Bob,

I've already cleaned-out the Sub Museum for photos, etc. and got 14 photos with only a couple of good shots of the hull so far.

What I cannot find is a good shot of the stern showing the rudders & dive planes. Grrr.....

I just find it odd there is very little info on Seawolf. I've managed to find drawings, etc on just about every other Nuke boat out there EXCEPT for her! Heck! I've even got official drawings of Halibut but can I find Seawolf ? Nooooooooo!

John Sheridan
Yankee Modelworks
Yankee Modelworks

Return to Static Modeler